Author Topic: Pilot - Tog!! Scratch'n it out 11/20  (Read 2145 times)

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
Pilot - Tog!! Scratch'n it out 11/20
« on: November 20, 2011, 08:40:14 PM »
Dropped a txt to meet up at the dock at 6:00.  TBone and Don Jr. obliged even though I know the honk was on their minds.  Heck... we should have had our heads checked.  We were looking for a couple other brave souls but they took a pass.  not a bad run up the river.  SH Bay was a tad sporty with the SW and rounding the hook was not better.  Tbone spotted some birds working between the channels but we couldn't get on them. fcp  Made a slow run down the beach to the promised land.  Taking water over the bow with a routine rythmn.  Every crevise around the window seals that had the potential to leak delivered with regularity.  Snugged the beach and found a little less snotty seas.  We found a reliable piece from last year and dropped the bouy marker right on the noggin.  Hook laid tight on the first bite and we were within 10 ft the marker.   Wind continued to honk. Tbone says GURU called for 30 gusts... They weren't too far off.   We settled in and started knockin a few tog somehow with a bite that was real scratchy.. Often times you had no clue they were on the bait.  A subtle tap, a tight line, quick lift, drop back and connect (or miss!).  T comes out of the gate early landing two keeps and then he got the cold shoulder.   I couldn't get a sniff to save my life for the first two hours.  Donnie drilled with consistency.  He was dialed in and reminded us of the Dog Catcher.   We picked a way and started to develop a basket load.  After the tide change, we had bursts of flurries.  No big fish today.  A lot of 2-3 lbers with a couple 3-4s in the mix.   By the time I finally found a bite, they were mostly short.  We made one slight adjustment to connect with a couple more that put us 1 off our 3 man limit along with a dinger that Tbone loves to chow on.  Ended the day around 2:15 and headed back in relative comfort compared to the way out.   The boys hung tough and ground out a bite.  t^

Dog Catcher should have been there!

Offline The Dog Catcher

Re: Pilot - Tog!! Scratch'n it out 11/20
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 09:48:59 PM »
First time poster, long time NJSF stalker! I would not have expected anything less from the Z obsession . Great job fellas !! I knew you could do it without me ! Ha See  you on the 4th if not before then. The last photo awesome

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 01:21:52 AM »
 clp clp t^
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 06:21:53 AM »
Excellent trip guys way to stick it out t^
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

Offline Capt. Don Sr

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 09:02:01 AM »
Great job Capt Z  t^ Nice pic of DOGCATCHER,Die hard crew,as always.Never a bad day at Z on the Z-OBSSESION.

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 09:17:42 AM »
Great catch on a marginal day, nice work clp

And welcome aboard Dog Catcher...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 09:18:44 AM by Kenny »

Offline Tbone

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 09:22:28 AM »
Holly crap.  My back is sore from all the rockin and rolling. ;) Thanks again ZMan. Had a great time.  TBone

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 10:57:31 AM »
 t^ t^Great report and a nice catch  t^
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 11:44:44 AM »
 TT^ clp TT^
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

Offline Twins n Fins

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 08:30:51 AM »
we were right there with ya, some snotty water! same bite some scratching some tapping like a box a choclates ya never knew what you were gonna get. but if you stuck with it they were there, thats the reason i love toggin one day you think you got it figured out and the next you're scratching your head wondering what the  rgmn !@###$$%%UK! love this time of year!!!!!!!!!!!!!! clp

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2011, 06:33:13 AM »
Nice Catch Boys t^

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2011, 10:31:32 AM »
way to pull it tog-ether

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-