Author Topic: garden state outdoor sportsman show /edison  (Read 3757 times)

Offline how many

garden state outdoor sportsman show /edison
« on: January 09, 2012, 06:27:24 PM »
hi guys,i will be doing a seminar on round valley trout trolling tactics on jan 15th at 11:30 in the jr ballroom.i will be talking about leadcore,dipsey,downrigger and planer board fishing.if your are at the show stop in and say hi.
member of round valley trout assoc. and eastern lake ontario trout and salmon assoc.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: garden state outdoor sportsman show /edison
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 06:44:11 PM »
Do we get a plug ;D

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 09:46:55 AM »
Very cool.  t^

I wasn't planning on going to the Edison show but if I happen to change my mind I will most certainly stop by.   slt
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 10:04:00 AM »
 whs
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

Offline maxifsc

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 10:21:51 PM »
do any of you guys have the website where you buy the tickest for this show??

Offline DJ76

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 09:12:34 AM »
www.gsoss.com

click on "show info" than towards the bottom left is options to purchase tickets online.  Did mine last night...it was painless.
It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.
~Stephen B. Leacock

Offline DJ76

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 10:40:06 AM »
went to the show yesterday.  First time I ever attended...Not a bad show if you have some spare time to walk around.  I will say I went with some cash in the pocket to see if anyone was running any convention specials...i didn't see anything to write home about in fact I just ran into some really badly overpriced rods.  money stayed in pocket yesterday.  For instance got a lamiglass inshore tri-flex rod 7' for about 120 bucks a few weeks ago this outfit was selling that same rod for $220!!!  I nearly fell over.

I did stop into some of the seminars and I thought they were pretty good...went to the flyfishing one, coldwater small mouth, blackfishing, and one on backwater fishing for fluke, blue, and stripers.  All in all I had an enjoyable experience with each of the talks.  But considering I'm relatively new to the fishing world on some of these subjects I think it was geared more towards someone like me...a beginner.  If your a veteran fisherman not really sure what your going to get out of most of those talks.
It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.
~Stephen B. Leacock

Offline IKAT

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 10:51:44 AM »
went to the show yesterday.  First time I ever attended...Not a bad show if you have some spare time to walk around.  I will say I went with some cash in the pocket to see if anyone was running any convention specials...i didn't see anything to write home about in fact I just ran into some really badly overpriced rods.  money stayed in pocket yesterday.  For instance got a lamiglass inshore tri-flex rod 7' for about 120 bucks a few weeks ago this outfit was selling that same rod for $220!!!  I nearly fell over.

I did stop into some of the seminars and I thought they were pretty good...went to the flyfishing one, coldwater small mouth, blackfishing, and one on backwater fishing for fluke, blue, and stripers.  All in all I had an enjoyable experience with each of the talks.  But considering I'm relatively new to the fishing world on some of these subjects I think it was geared more towards someone like me...a beginner.  If your a veteran fisherman not really sure what your going to get out of most of those talks.

Nice report D  t^

If you have the time-go to Cabelas when Capt. Carl is there (Wetdreams sportfishing)--He does seminars there 3/17/18/2012--Capts. weekend--He will give you all the info you need for your NEW journey down the hook and R-Bay t^

Offline DJ76

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 06:42:38 PM »
If you have the time-go to Cabelas when Capt. Carl is there (Wetdreams sportfishing)--He does seminars there 3/17/18/2012--Capts. weekend--He will give you all the info you need for your NEW journey down the hook and R-Bay t^

Definately will.  I'm only about 45 minutes from cabelas so the ride isn't bad for me at all.
~Stephen B. Leacock

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-