Author Topic: Atlantic City Boat Show...  (Read 1882 times)

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Atlantic City Boat Show...
« on: February 04, 2012, 06:16:59 PM »
My wife and I went to the A/C boat show today with another couple. Arrived at approximately 1030 am and found a parking spot in the lot at the convention center.

Got into the show using our 2 for 1 special deal tickets.  t^ Found a light crowd inside checking out the deals on boats and accessories. Boarded a few boats, some fishing, some pleasure. The fishing boats were nice, some more fishable than others, some trying to split the duties of fishing and pleasure. Still a tough task to pull off.

After checking out the dream machine area we made our way over to the accessories. Saw some good deals on tackle and electronics, neither of which I need at this point. Renewed my membership with RFA, my subscription with "The Fisherman" magazine and "On The Water" magazine. Got some nice freebees for renewing.  TT^

I found Captain Carl, Wet Dreams Fishing, at the Canyon Reel booth. Got a first hand look and demo of their new spinning reel. What a beast that thing is. 66 pounds of drag.  cfzd

Also stopped by and said hi to Chuck and Kelly from Tournament Cable. Chuck wants to set up another day of hands on rigging for us this year at his shop. A good time for him would be in April. We just need to pick a day/evening and set it up. Last year's event was great and Chuck is a fantastic host.

Tomorrow is the last day of the show. Anyone wanting to go, it isn't a bad way to spend a February day.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
Re: Atlantic City Boat Show...
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 07:21:24 PM »
I made it today as well but, was solo since my buddy couldn't join me. We were scheduled to go Thursday but, I got sick.

I thought the show was pretty light on fishing boats. Not very many above 25'. For the money tho I still cant decide what I want next - WA or CC. They have some really nice models coming out. I couldnt believe the Sundance 28' CC they had. They are taking shape to be a nice looking ride. I had one of their original CC's in the 90's. Good times.

Fred

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 07:23:15 PM »
 t^ Sounds like a great day. 
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

Offline Capt. Carl

• New Jersey Fishing Guru
  • Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
  • Hired Gun
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 09:18:50 PM »
 Nice to see you today IrishAyes Joe..Great to see ya!.....man it was crazy there today!
Also nice to see Alan from Netkeeper there today as well along with the Famous Capt Rich K of MR Charters making an appearance!
Great seeing you all!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 09:30:02 PM by Capt. Carl »
Capt. Carl DiMenna
100 Ton U.S.C.G Master

Offline NJ Guy

• AKA "Virgina Beach Guy"
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 10:36:02 PM »
Was a great day down there met alot of great vendors and got some great info all while indulging myself in $8 beers lmao
270 AmberJack "Sweet Emocean"

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-