Author Topic: Easy to use braided line  (Read 7357 times)

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
Re: Easy to use braided line
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2012, 09:33:14 AM »
No reason on my part for the rubber chicken. That's what was on the all ready made emoticon.  TT^

Oh it is funny, when i first saw it I was like "Was the a rubber chicken?" My wife gave me the nts face
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2012, 10:11:05 AM »
Braid made by suffix or Cortland is rounder and a bit stiffer which makes
Knot tying easier.  Braid will take a while to get used to, you have to keep some tension on the spool while casting and it has a tendency to wrap around the rods tip. I use a uni to uni or an Albright not to join my braid to a floro or mono leader. A small dab of super glue helps too. You should put some friction tape or around 50' of mono on your spool before adding the braid to prevent slippage.   Hope this helps and welcome to NJSWF. wa

Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2012, 10:26:27 AM »
Friction tape ^-^ Good idea there. Ive been using mono backing usually cheap south bend. But on conventional gear when your just dropping you really dont need to pack the spool so your tape will work good there t^ Thaks
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2012, 10:31:44 AM »
I'm an electrician so the friction tape is something I have in the garage and it works well.  t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2012, 11:40:38 AM »
The guys have pretty much covered braid...

wa

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-