Author Topic: This guy's not having a good day......  (Read 5390 times)

Offline FishOn

Re: This guy's not having a good day......
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2012, 09:35:45 AM »
Yea looking at it again. and the white water..  he is on the wrong side.. fcp

I don't know, the way I'm seeing that pic it looks like he is right in the middle of the inlet and the photo is being taken from the NE by the north jetty. You can see the south jetty wall in the background. Back when I was young dumb and reckless, my friends and I had no problem taking my dads old single prop boat and putting the back end right up on those rocks. We use to pull some big blackfish out of there. Taking it in and out of gear with one hand and sticking fish with the other. Last time we did that I end up on the pocket side of the rocks with one good roller. It was so disorienting. None of knew how we went over the rocks without bottoming out so quickly. BI is a definitly dangerous place especially now that it is so shallow at the mouth. If you get an outgoing tide with an east bound swell....hang on and take it slow
Who are you to judge the life I live? I'm not perfect and I don't have to be! Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. - Bob Marley

Offline Capt. Carl

• New Jersey Fishing Guru
  • Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
  • Hired Gun
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2012, 11:42:06 AM »
The boat is the Southern Comfort....a seasoned captain runs this boat....my sources telling me he was in the heavy fog, came up quick on a small boat drifting, which didn't show on radar, cut to port to avoid collision. What a nightmare for a captain.
Capt. Carl DiMenna
100 Ton U.S.C.G Master

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2012, 12:10:38 PM »
Hey Rod, is that the place where the seagulls stand on the water?? :P
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-