Author Topic: Any MI and South Action  (Read 1163 times)

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
Any MI and South Action
« on: May 10, 2012, 12:10:21 PM »
I havent read much of south of Manasquan lately. I did hear of a 50# striper being taken a week or so ago near IBSP. Has anyone heard anything?

I am heading out tomorrow and probably Saturday so, I was thinking of heading south to try it out.

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline bossross

Re: Any MI and South Action
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 04:18:16 PM »
I was out today, went south, all the way down to the BI. Marked some fish, saw no bait or birds. Trolled for about 2 hours. Nada!

Went north to the SR, saw nothing. Not one bunker from BI to SR. No birds to speak of. Trolled up at the rocks for a couple of hours, Nada. (no good marks up there either.)

Talked to some folks back at the dock and it was the same for them too.

My advice is to save the fuel and try flukin in the river.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 04:34:01 PM »
Its pretty slow so don't come down...LOL J/K

All I know the guys in da boat get all da luck.  if you akamai, you load wit clams and hit the beach brah.  Da buggah dat caught da 50# bass (actually 48#) works at Grumpys and he caught it from a yak.  Cheeeeehuuuu.  Geev'um brah.  Ya never know

Sorry about the words I am getting my pidgin talk story for Oahu down pat.

Happy Catching

Paul

IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline FishOn

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 06:06:23 PM »
We had some action last week just east of where snooki vacations but haven't heard much since. F trolling. Find some marks and put a big white bucktail in their faces. There are lots of different types of bait out there right now. If theyre on rainfish they may not look twice at a bunker spoon. Good luck. Post a report!
Who are you to judge the life I live? I'm not perfect and I don't have to be! Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. - Bob Marley

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 07:29:45 PM »
Descisions, descisions, descisions  rgmn

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline FishOn

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 09:19:00 PM »
Go with your gut. And just in case have a plan B,C, and D. We had to make the north or south decision last week. We chose north out of BI. We burnt some fuel but finally found what we were looking for. In fact we beat the birds to the action. We stopped on some marks just off the bottom in about 45 feet. Within a half hour or so all hell broke loose.  Then the birds showed up and blew our cover.  Good luck, catchem up.
Who are you to judge the life I live? I'm not perfect and I don't have to be! Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. - Bob Marley

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-