Author Topic: Friday 5-25 bass report  (Read 1033 times)

Offline makokeith

• Personal Best 38LBS
Friday 5-25 bass report
« on: May 26, 2012, 01:23:24 PM »
Left the dock around 530 am and headed south in really bad fog and some nasty water too. Ran real slow to the rocks snagging some bunker along the way. Got on fish pretty fast but most of them were big blues. Went through our baits in less than an hour. Spent a good 2 hours finding more do to the conditions. Finally was able to snag enough to last awhile (netting was not possible for me, too spread out). went back to where we started to find a lot of boats there. Big guys trolling all through the guys drifting and even some boats anchored up. Gave it a shot but it was way to crowded. Went to deeper water, nothing, moved all around but not even a mark. Went back to the parking lot and got on some good marks  that had no boats and same as earlier, mostly blues. Put 2 bass in the box and released 3-4. lost a lot as they were finicky and caught a bunch of blues. The plan was for us to get bass early and then go seabassing but we never got to the seabass. Had to get back earlier than usual. Fishing in the fog is a whole different ball game. When you can't see the beach it is a real pita. We had much better conditions for the ride in but the fog was still bad.

Big 30lber released by my buddy Ken. The 2 kept were around 20lbs. Empty bellies.

Keith
Franklin, N.J.
Proud member of the I.B.E.W. local 827

MAKO 250wa twin 150 E-tecs
  Happily fishing out of Atlantic Highlands Municiple Marina.

Offline IKAT

• Super Hero Member
Re: Friday 5-25 bass report
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 01:34:21 PM »
 clp  Way to go Keith  clp

Good release  t^

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 01:40:15 PM »
 t^
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 05:05:26 PM »
 t^..Nice report... chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-