Author Topic: NETKEEPER - June 16, 2012 Bob Wavro / Jim Macleary Fathers Day Eve Str  (Read 1151 times)

Offline NetKeeper Fishing

Had Bob Wavro, his son Matt and Jim Macleary out for a Striper Liveline trip tonight. With the bluefish onslaught in the AM, I didn’t know what to expect as we rounded the hook. The strong stiff SE winds and a kicked up ocean wasn’t helping and the last thing I wanted to do was take the guys for a boat ride.

Wound up in the vicinity of where we fished in the AM so asked the guys if they wanted to bottom fish a bit and wait the bait out. It looked like it was going to be good as the guys boxed 4 keepers to 23″ and tossed back a dozen shorts in short order before it died off. Back to the agenda, headed further South still not finding any bait when hit the Yellow Brick road of waves of Bunker streaming in.

Ed got the well loaded in 3-4 seas and then we started Pod hoping. Then it happened one Pod erupted and it was game on with all coming tight but only 2 being boated by Bob and Matt. It took a few moves and a few bluefish biteoffs and some missed opportunities before Bob picked one more fish at 40 pounds. The other two were in the 30′s.  That would be all she wrote before needing to make the long run back to the barn.

Tonight was one of those nights were took the lemons and made lemonade.

Full Trip Report http://www.netkeeperfishing.com/netkeeper_fishing_reports/2012/06/18/june-18-2012-bob-wavro-fathers-day-eve-trophy-stripers/
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 07:58:03 PM by NetKeeper Fishing »

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
 t^

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
Nice! TT^
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
Nice Going .  t^

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
 t^
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-