Author Topic: Reel McCoy II Friday 7/27 report  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
Reel McCoy II Friday 7/27 report
« on: July 27, 2012, 01:40:54 PM »
Left Bahr's Landing at 6:10 AM with a hard stop at noon.  I was armed with fresh peanuts, squid, killies and a dozen sandworms.  Went straight to CH channel near the borrow hole and started a drift with a light rod rigged with a sandworm and I was bucktailing another.  As soon as I drifted over the edge I had my first weakfish in 2 years, just a 12" spike but great to see again. Made another pass and got two more weakies of the same size.  Next drift I landed 4 short fluke 16" class on the bucktail.  As I was about to go back the light rod gets a hit and I land an 18.5 fluke on the worm.  Back again and I get 3 more Jersey keeps but they go back too.  I was also picking away on shorts on the bucktail.  Ran out of worms pretty quick once the fluke took an interest.  Tried a gulp sandworm but only caught some large birds.  Made a move further north around West Bank and had lots of action on bait and jigging gulp.  Managed only 1 NY keep at 21.5" out of about 15 more shorts.  Moved to Ambrose and only caught a bird, and my time was running out so I pulled the plug and was pulling into my slip at 12:05.   
Now I am off to drive my daughter to JFK to pick up her boyfriend.  I was halfway there  rgmn.   Just heard the belt parkway was closed so it is going to be a long one.
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
Re: Reel McCoy II Friday 7/27 report
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 01:54:53 PM »
good action, those areas tend to see less pressure than say, Flynn's or the Buglite area.

Too bad the NY regs are so restrictive

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
Re: Reel McCoy II Friday 7/27 report
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 06:27:36 PM »
 t^..not too bad for a quickie with a weakie too..... chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-