Author Topic: 2008 efi mercury outboard engine stall  (Read 3339 times)

Offline double3fd

2008 efi mercury outboard engine stall
« on: July 09, 2012, 06:31:43 AM »
Can anyone tell me what may be happening??  I was out on the water all day anchored up. I left to go home an was cruising top speed. All of a sudden I hears (I think a total) of 5 "beeps", the sound from when u turn the key, an I lost speed then the engine died. I stared it up again but could tell I was only gettig about 1/3 of my power/speed. It kept sounding like it was gona stall out an it did 2 more times. I started up again an slowly made it back to the dock. I am extremely frustrated cause I bought the boat new to avoid crap like this an I pay to get all maintenance professionally done to avoid crap like this.  I'm not a handy man so can anyone help me out on what is going on.... Thanks
-Angry Snapper- "A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work"

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
Re: 2008 efi mercury outboard engine stall
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 06:43:07 AM »
If you picked up something on the lower unit and the engine was not getting enough water to cool, the ecu will cut back power so you don't cook the engine. Had that happen once. engine ran fine till I went to more power. Threw it in Rev then back to forward and the problem went away.
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Twins n Fins

Re: 2008 efi mercury outboard engine stall
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 11:03:23 AM »
3 beeps overheat when was last time waterpump on lower end was changed? or like said before you could of picked something up. i installed a temp gauge so i dont have to rely on beeps.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-