Author Topic: Klondike  (Read 9721 times)

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
Klondike
« on: July 17, 2012, 10:00:59 AM »
I have never fished there. My buddy Al (no not THAT Al) says: "Located just a few miles off Belmar and just 4 ½ miles southeast of Shark River Inlet, this once-productive sea bass and porgy bank is now primarily utilized for drifting large fluke."

OK Sounds promising.

Is this area comprised of similar bottom as the Shrewsbury rocks? I've heard it called the Klondike, a lump, a ridge, rocks, Klondike bank, etc.

Please share your stories... What can I expect?

Offline IKAT

• Super Hero Member
Re: Klondike
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 10:08:54 AM »

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 10:10:39 AM »
As I remember from years ago..

The klondike is one of a series of small humps and ridges...the Eagle and Augie are also near the Klondike If memory serves me...

I heard that the Klondike is not the structure that it was years ago due to all the draggers working it hard over the years...Not sure if that's true...just heard that once...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 10:15:52 AM by Kenny »

Offline FishOn

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 10:54:45 AM »
I heard that the Klondike is not the structure that it was years ago due to all the draggers working it hard over the years...Not sure if that's true...just heard that once...

I was just thinking that same thing about the Barneget ridges. Seems the peak is a lot less pronounced than I remember it being.
Who are you to judge the life I live? I'm not perfect and I don't have to be! Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. - Bob Marley

Offline rossg

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 07:11:38 AM »
The Klondike still has lots of Rock and structure and is a great place to fish for fluke in late August. The peaks have been worked over by draggers

The location makes it great as it is in close proximity to the Sea Girt reef and provides a backup plan.

Capt Ross
The Lady J

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 01:01:01 PM »
Only about 1.5 miles from Sea Girt Reef. The klondike is like a small table or shelf. Here are the general numbers....

N40 08.956 W73 54.006

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-