Author Topic: Fluka B - 7/28 R- Bay beating  (Read 4671 times)

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
Fluka B - 7/28 R- Bay beating
« on: July 29, 2012, 02:35:46 PM »
After what has been a great Fluking season for us, the crew of Fluka Brasi was due for a little azz-whooping.. and the bay dealt it out to us yesterday..  :P  After making the drive down Fri. afternoon, I spent a pleasant evening kickin back on the boat.. listening to the ballgame and pickin my guitar, as I watched the sunset and the morning bait supply flitter all over the creek in the dead calm.. little did I suspect that was to be the highlight of the trip..  ::) At about 0615, my crew of Dave, Dougger and Wayne arrived.. and while the calm had given way to a steady E breeze, heavy overcast and light fog, the bait was still there... Dave had dropped the net once and loaded the livewell with the loveliest peanuts before I returned from my morning constitutional  ;D so loaded for bear, we cleared the Keansburg gate at 0700 and headed out into a snotty bay churning on the steady 10-15mph E wind pushing against the outgoing.. The plan was to head outside to the rough stuff, so I tabbed Fluka's nose down and plowed our way toward the Hook.. But we began to  have doubts as we got closer.. after clearing the ugly rips at the tip, I started to head southeast , but  after a mile or so fighting the sloppy seas I had stopped the boat to deal with an issue, and noticed how fast we where drifting in the relentless wind..  cfzd  we decided it would be a nightmare of tackle donation at best trying to fish out in the rubble in those conditions... and turned tail back for the bay.. By now, it was after 8 , and we ducked around the back side of the hook to get some relief from the wind.. and found most of the fleet there drifting the flats and Terminal channel.. we joined the party, but despite offering a lovely buffet of p-nuts, spearing, peruvians, strips, jigs, gulps, and Hail Mary's, could only manage a handful of shorts and a few damn-nears... along with the usual cast of Doggies, birds and skates..the wind continued to keep us rolling, but the drifts where not terrible.. just never could get a bite going..  Bounced around from Flynn's Knoll, to Belford channel, the Reach, etc.. finally working our way back to the Keyport flats.. Same story..With the wind not letting up, the incoming  now beginning to accelerate us even more, and the skies beginning to threaten even worse, we  waved the white flag and headed back to the barn around 1:30 with a spotless fishbox.. rgmn  On the brite side, as always we had a ton of laughs..missed the storms that started moving in as we where hosing off the boat.. and Doug and the boys made it home in time to make the grad. party they had promised to be very late to.. hence making their ladies happy.. So, some days are just about paying the dues I guess   TT^  chrz  chrz

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
Re: Fluka B - 7/28 R- Bay beating
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 02:49:45 PM »
I think that pic should come with the audio of some fine guitar pickin' in the background.
The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 03:28:34 PM »
Hey nice try Mark...those days are bound to happen t^

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 05:26:49 PM »
Was hoping the Fluke took the beating.

Nice night on your boat at least. t^
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wreckfish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 06:15:07 PM »
You know what they say Mark, a bad day fishing is better then dam near anything else!

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 06:23:14 PM »
Bummer of a trip but it is still great to get out even if the fish/weather don't cooperate.
Just hope Fluka is not putting the whammy on you because of your intentions..... ;D
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

Offline Mbailey33

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 07:06:07 PM »
Kicking back on the boat, listening to the ball game and picking the guitar while the sunset..........I think you just defined heaven. 

Git'em next time  t^
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 07:07:24 PM by Mbailey33 »
Never put off until tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 07:08:32 PM »
Tough day. :P

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 09:54:05 PM »
Thanks Mark.  Can't say you did not try.  t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 11:21:07 PM »
 t^....tough day, get em next time..... chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 04:20:37 PM »
sometimes you make the right call and still don't getem...
a valiant effort nonetheless!

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2012, 12:24:07 PM »
Must have been a good honk for you to turn Fluka about face.  Sure you gave it a good throw but ultimately made the right decision and cut your losses.   Next time it's net time t^

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2012, 05:34:39 PM »
I feel the pain Mark, nice report Bud  t^
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, 11:52:04 AM »
 t^Great read and a great day great friends had by all you were fishing catching 2nd and a safe return . t^ slt clp grtn chrz chrz chrz

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-