Author Topic: American Flag Etiquette & Respect  (Read 11133 times)

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
Re: American Flag Etiquette & Respect
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2012, 12:21:21 PM »
 t^ t^ t^ t^ t^ I LOVE THIS COUNTRY, I CAN THANK MY PARENTS FOR THIS. MY DAD IS 93 AND MY MOM IS 91, THEY STILL PUT THE AMERICAN FLAG OUT EVERY MORNING AND BRING IT IN AT DUSK. MY MOTHER LOST A BROTHER IN WWII, MY FATHER SERVED IN THE SEABEES ( NAVY ) BUILT THE LANDING STRIP FOR THE ENOLA GAY ON THE ISLAND OF TINIAN, THAT DROPPED THE ATOMIC BOMB.   MY FATHER INLAW SERVED IN KOREA. 6 UNCLES SERVED IN WWII AND A COUSIN IN VIETNAM. THEY FOUGHT FOR MY FREEDOM... THAT'S WHY I LOVE THIS COUNTRY.  t^ t^ t^ t^ t^
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2012, 07:42:26 PM »
20 Out of 266  :headscra: ever wonder whats wrong with this Country. This post proves my point That most have no Clue or Care its sad. all I asked for was a  t^fcp

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2012, 12:31:54 PM »
21-309  I am sorry for starting this thread just to prove a point on the lack of pride and respect The Flag Of The United States of America gets and the lack of interest . to the responders God Bless. and to think that most of the non responders Vote  and haven't a clue of why.  fcp cfzd . Bill

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2012, 12:50:03 PM »
First, TT^

However-
the habit of jumping to conclusions is partly to blame for the predicaments our country finds itself in today.

21   TT^ 's out of 309 views proves nothing except 21 people agree with you.

It does not prove that most have no clue or don't care.
It also does not prove lack of pride or respect for the flag.

What DOES prove no clue and don't care, and lack of pride or respect for the flag, and the USA, is when that jackhole living in the White House refuses to put his hand over his heart during the recital of the Pledge of Allegiance, and refuses to recite it.

The dumb look on his face as everyone else around him recites it, with their hands on their hearts, says it all.

... 89 days until the election. (not saying Romney's any good either, but at least he respects the flag.)

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2012, 01:02:15 PM »
 fcp

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2012, 01:06:20 PM »
 t^ nice one w
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2012, 04:21:16 PM »
WB  slt I agree with you some what. But now that Pc Of %*&( will not reveal his collage information as many have said they never seen or heard of him . and that he must of been a foreign exchange student  and the way he acts I believe he is a ----- ------- ------- no key words for the CIA to pick up on, fcp

The choices suck as always but there is only one clear thing vote the ^)** $%&^* out, If this starts a post war Mr. Moderator please delete it all no lock down. Bill

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2012, 04:24:38 PM »
And my last word on this is look at the A-holes that never remove their hats when the Flag goes by or the Anthem is played that and the results on this forum proved my point agree with me or not.

Offline Mbailey33

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2012, 04:45:03 PM »
I just saw this on another forum i belong to, A Jamican runner (Usain Bolt)while being interviewed, interupts the interviewer to stand and show his respect while the American National anthem is being played during a medal ceremony..

http://www.wimp.com/interviewdeference/

Now that is class.  Well done Mr. Bolt.  Thanks for showing your respects, you now have mine.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 05:11:37 PM by Mbailey33 »
Never put off until tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2012, 04:53:34 PM »
 TT^ clp TT^ clp TT^
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2012, 05:01:38 PM »
 TT^ Thats how Olympians should act
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2012, 08:10:10 PM »
Remember the good ol days when this was a fishing and boating forum 5hrug 5hrug 

Overbite...there is a time and place to talk politics......not here please....you seem to like starting very provocative topics followed by some angry follow-ups that are designed to get people here all amped up...  ::) ::)

We try to keep the conversations on the happy lighter side here.....................Hint Hint..........
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 08:12:17 PM by Kenny »

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2012, 08:33:09 PM »
Kenny in all due respect you have made a post on The Non Fishing Forum hint hint as you say. I took it that it meant subjects not related to Fishing. My post are pointed ones to gather ideas and open minds. Devils advocate comes to mind. As many are light hearted  And are meant no harm to anyone.  Many a post have been met with a Private Message by the powers of this site and many others and I have acted with abidance to all of their requests. I have met many members and received many private e-mails it has bothered few and humored many. Sorry if it bothers you. Just Ignore Me I mean no Ill wind to anyone. Bill
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 08:34:22 PM by overbite »

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2012, 09:48:38 PM »
There was a time I wanted to remove the Non Fishing discussion board.  I'm starting to get the feeling back again...

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2012, 01:27:55 AM »
20 Out of 266  :headscra: ever wonder whats wrong with this Country. This post proves my point That most have no Clue or Care its sad. all I asked for was a  t^fcp

Not sure you realize that just because you have 266 views doesn't mean 266 people saw this thread.  It just means it was opened 266 times.  I have opened it at least 10 times myself. 
The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2012, 07:37:46 PM »
 slt Andy understood.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-