Author Topic: Mandatory PFD Usage  (Read 1611 times)

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
Mandatory PFD Usage
« on: August 17, 2012, 06:05:36 PM »
Taking my kids on the Monger next Thursday for some fluking....My kids are both under the age of 12...

My question...after reading the text below..is this the law period no matter what boat you are on i.e.  Party Boat and or Charter Boat?  No exceptions ??

Found this on a NJ site....

Mandatory PFD Usage
All children 12 years old and under must wear a USCG-approved PFD while onboard any
vessel that is underway. The PFD may be removed if the child is inside a fully enclosed,
permanent part of the vessel that is designed by the manufacturer to carry passengers.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Mandatory PFD Usage
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 07:12:16 PM »
All children 12 years old and under must wear a USCG-approved PFD while onboard any
vessel that is underway

whs

Offline Bottom Dweller

• FISH HARD OR GET OUT OF THE BOAT
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 07:55:33 PM »
Exactly! Good thing the 14 year old nephew don't know.  rofla He'll thank me later clp clp
You can't catch'em from the couch. Can ya?

Skipper of the Slowski

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 08:22:28 PM »
yes kenny that is correct

unless in the passenger cabin they must wear it unless docked anchored or moored.

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 08:29:32 PM »
Cool...thanks guys...pretty much thought that was the deal but wanted others input as well...

I would have them wear PFDs anyway... regardless at their age...just more curious I guess t^

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 01:53:33 PM »
I would add do not scrimp on buying one even if it says Coast Guard approved. My grand kids like swimming with on on and with constant use. a cheap one turns into trash, I got the west marine ones and the materials are very good and dry out and store very well. and become Hand me downs for many years. Bill

Mine is a auto inflatable that I used Kayaking a full one was to hot to wear. Only ones did it inflate when I flipped in the surf return fcp Scared the heck out of me when it went off. the $30. for a recharge Kit.

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 10:53:08 PM »
Very nice plan Dad. slt

Start the kids out right.

"Monger Nation" "Youth Division Team" chrz

Have fun and be safe t^ pawle
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-