Author Topic: Ocean Grove Beach Fishing and Traffic report 8/17  (Read 1345 times)

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
Ocean Grove Beach Fishing and Traffic report 8/17
« on: August 17, 2012, 07:56:16 PM »
 cfzd Got to the high tide mark began setting up for the Day when Carol shouted watch out for the birds. we go bombarded with terns and Gulls right at the waters edge. fcp seemed a school of small Blues had pinned Bait right to the waters edge and above. The bait tried to escape but were met with birds on the beach and in the water.  fcp It was mayhem for more then a Hour till the Bait moved some feet off with the Blues hot on their tails.
It was Non stop action all day from time to time with a west wind but when the wind shifted and came from the south. white caps and rougher water sent all packing. The Photos will explain it all.
These were much smaller Blues the Thursday. Like 2-5 Lbs compared to 8-10.
Would you believe the guys on the pier went skunked. from what i could see they were throwing  large Plugs guess they thought they were Blues like Thur. Boat traffic was down mostly far off shore like the Horizon . only a few past heading south home. late after noon . A big C140 USAF I think came up the coast low got to Ocean Grove and Made a sharp right turn and headed east out of sight. The wind was directly from the west till say 1:30 then switched from the south to make getting back to Shark river a lot harder for the returning fleet. Now its back To fishing the Raritan with my grandsons the tides look good hope the Snappers are Larger Might even give the front beach a shot weather permitting till next Thursday when we get a 2 Day Break.
I hope you all enjoy The Ocean Grove Reports.

And Again Left click to enlarge especially the one of the Pier Bill
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 08:04:17 PM by overbite »

Offline Reckless

• AKA Frankeu
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Ocean Grove Beach Fishing and Traffic report 8/17
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 07:59:46 PM »
 t^

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 09:14:10 PM »
 t^
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 10:10:43 AM »
 t^
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-