Author Topic: TnT Tourney results for 8-18-12  (Read 2142 times)

Offline The Broken One

• Super Hero Member
TnT Tourney results for 8-18-12
« on: August 19, 2012, 10:07:27 AM »
TnT Tourney results for 8-18-12

FSOS Fluke Tourney - Belmar NJ and Pt Pleasant VFW Fluke Tourney Pt Pleasant NJ...

as written by My Bow Monkey...edited some by ME
TNT left dock early and took a beating on our way to predetermined fishing spot. 10oz barely held. First fish by Motor Head Ant was 22" but that spot didn't happen for us. @ 9 we moved to the next spot and conditions began to improve A
LITTLE. We would hit a patch and put some keepers in the box but the next drift NADA. With time running out I decided to hit a spot that has produced 9 and 10+ lbers for me this season but was reluctant to do so sooner because i fished it 2x the past 6 days without even a bite there...... what a mistake as it paid off and could have been even a bigger pay off.... so.....Around 1:30 we didn't have anything to weigh in @ FSOS so we planned to continue to fish for the Point VFW. I (Mike) dropped down and pulled up our first "netter" @ 26.5" and 7lbs. Anthony called for the net within a minute but it came up a "swinger", around 4 lbs... After putting that one in the box, he (Ant) dropped down and his rod bent over nicely. Because he had just called for a net for the last fish, he wouldn't commit on this fish. Bobber told me to be ready, in case and I netted a 24"+ fish, 5+ lbs. With that we decided to head to Belmar and weigh in FSOS. 7# and 5.38# put us on the board and in competition for the calcutta. Weighed same fish in @ VFW and after some double-checking, we wound up in 2nd place there.

We wound up with 24 keepers (3 guys on boat; YOU figure out how many we legally kept. I'm tired of posting this stupid disclaimer to satisfy those idiot, tree huggers that CAN'T catch fish).

so in the end i had a good big fish patch but found it to late... we HAD to quit to make the weigh in and we just barely did being the last boat to the scales in Belmar...... we wound up tying for 3rd place in the FSOS but taking the 4th place money because we were the latter weigh in of the 2 fish.... that same fish was good enough for 2nd at the VFW tourney..... and our 2 fish weight gave us the money in a very NICE side bet among a seperate group of boats..... sorry no pix as the end of the day was hectic weighing at 2 tourneys and getting the boat back to home port
"When the game is over, the kings and the pawns go back in the same box"

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
Re: TnT Tourney results for 8-18-12
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 10:12:42 AM »
 t^
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 10:34:21 AM »
 chrz

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 10:41:24 AM »
In the money in two tourneys on the same day  slt slt
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

Offline hiking

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 01:49:37 PM »
It had to happen sooner or later, in the money in two tornements the same day, congrats, I'm sure a win is in the cards soon. slt clp  btw thanks for pm ing those numbers rofla rofla
Paul cell 908-415-9542

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 06:20:33 PM »
 t^...Congrats... chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 09:11:17 PM »
very nice, congrats

hah, tree huggers who can't fish, good one

hah, disclaimer, 3 x 5 not= 24!!!

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 05:41:01 AM »
Very nice TNT crew t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 09:36:03 AM »
Awesome performance gents  clp  slt Congrats on the double paycheck  TT^  chrz  chrz

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-