Author Topic: Daiwa Reel Issue  (Read 8458 times)

Offline Uncle Luna

• Super Hero Member
Re: Daiwa Reel Issue
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2012, 07:33:08 AM »
I understood Bob, very frustrating when nobody even calls you back  rgmn
Member Team Luna Sea 4

Offline Uncle Luna

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2012, 01:51:42 PM »
Took IKAT'S advice and contacted Chris Gatley DAIWA rep and member of our fine site. Just got a call from him and he is on top of this problem with repair facility and also corporate headquarters in California. Hopefully we will get to the bottom of this issue and make things right.
Thanks again for the info IKAT and Bucktail I told you they ain't heard the last from Uncle Luna
Member Team Luna Sea 4

Offline IKAT

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2012, 02:03:02 PM »
Glad to hear Chris got back to you--Great guy and if he didn't he was fishing   TT^ TT^

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2012, 06:10:44 PM »
I love my Penns.. I swear, just yearly greasing and my spinners lasted 15 years easy.  Sometimes the drag needs a little service, but quality it key.  I brought in 15 lbs bluefish on my Penn 440s and even the next size smaller... They are work horses. 

As Uncle Luna already knows this about me, I am not a fan of circle hooks and baitcasting reels. 
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline kayak1

• only at night
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2012, 07:26:46 PM »
The kayak reel of choice for me is US REEL
SX-230-240 or XL-230-240......I have had the same reel going on 4 years and never had to service them or send the reels out.... Trust me on the kayak....These reels get abused in the surf.....I cant keep them dry and the soak in saltwater on each and every trip.....These reels hold up 100%.......I have many Bass over 30 pounds from the yak...... all on the same US REEL.
 t^
Kayak- 1
The areas I fish are the ones you said where a wast of time

Offline Uncle Luna

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2012, 02:21:15 PM »
First and most importantly, I hope everyone made it safely through hurricane Sandy and sorry to those who lost homes and anything else.
Thanks to information provided to me from IKAT, and Capt.Chris Gatley I finally got a call from the repair shop that my reel has been repaired by Diawa. It is being shipped back to me rebuilt w shipping and tax for 39 dollars.

And again my heart goes out to all who are still without power, stay strong.
.              UNCLE LUNA
Member Team Luna Sea 4

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-