Author Topic: FISH STIX - Stripers/Tog Reports 12/4-12/8  (Read 1759 times)

Offline Capt. Kris

• Fish Stix Charter Fishing
  • Sponsor
    • Fish Stix Charter Fishing
FISH STIX - Stripers/Tog Reports 12/4-12/8
« on: December 10, 2012, 09:08:54 AM »
Gonna make this short and sweet. STRIPERS & BLACKFISH REPORTS FROM THIS WEEK:

12/4 - We had Dave, Scott and Ed's crew. We opted to fish south. Bad choice. The tog were NOT biting whatsoever. Made numerous drops in plenty of different areas, just wasn't much life at all. Tough conditions as well. Think we had around 10 keepers, that's all. Plenty of shorts for sure.

12/5 - Cancelled did not sail.

12/6 - We had Ismellfishys charter for blackfish. Another tough day with keeper sized fish. These guys caught fish allllll day just allllll shorts. Probably close between 60-90 shorts. With only a dozen or so keepers. Action all day at least.

12/7 - We had Kevin's charter for Stripers. Went way up and found the mother load of bass. Short, short bass. Caught about 50 of them and decided to go hit the bottom fish for a few after a tide change. Glad we did. Got about 10 keeper tog and PLENTY of shorts in about an hour. Went back to Stripers and found some bigger fish. Played with them for a while and headed home.

12/8 - A day of sadness. Had Dans charter for Stripers and tog. Started with the bass. Bigger fish today. Had some keepers right away. Tons of shorts as well. But caught some nicer fish. A lot of them were 27.5" too! Fun time catching them though. Switched it over to tog and was smoking them. Jr. Was kicking all there asses with 8 keepers from 4-8lbs in less than an hour. The other guys couldn't really get the hang of the bite but tried hard. Ended with about 20 keepers. Pulled the anchors immediately to a emergency call and headed home, not knowing if my friends were okay or not.

Thanks to all who fished with us this week. Fishing has been very tough in certain areas. But everyday is different. Weather looks pretty good this week. Come on out. Striped Bass and Blackfish are biting. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Lee and Kim family. We are very sorry for your tragic loss.

Capt Kris

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
Re: FISH STIX - Stripers/Tog Reports 12/4-12/8
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 09:18:45 AM »
...Capt...all I can say, is I WILL BE IN TOUCH!!! After a trip with my guys Sunday, which I am working on the post and photos, Izzz got a lil bit of a itch for trying to catch these fish now...  msfsh

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 12:23:59 PM »
 t^  Thanks for the reports.
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 04:21:40 PM »
Nice trips Capt.Kris t^

Sorry for your loss.  :'(
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 05:10:08 PM »
 whs
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-