Author Topic: Sea Bass,Cod,and Ling  (Read 1566 times)

Offline greg b

Sea Bass,Cod,and Ling
« on: January 01, 2013, 07:13:42 PM »
Happier New Year to all ! Just read that one of the boats I fish on is switching over from Stipers to sea bass,cod,ling.As I have not fished for these in the past i'm curious about what the techniques are. Also if my boat rod w 30# braid is ok. Thanks for any info.

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
Re: Sea Bass,Cod,and Ling
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 07:22:40 PM »
Happier New Year to all ! Just read that one of the boats I fish on is switching over from Stipers to sea bass,cod,ling.As I have not fished for these in the past i'm curious about what the techniques are. Also if my boat rod w 30# braid is ok. Thanks for any info.

All are bottom species. A conventional boat rod will be just fine. These fish are offshore right now so plan on going on a long ride.

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 07:30:10 PM »
There all good eating fish and can catch all in the same areas with clams. Use a heavy leader and be prepared to donate some gear. t^
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline FishOn

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 08:09:55 PM »
I know the boat you are referring to. Their Friday trips will be deep water...1am to 8pm. You will need some heavy gear capable of handling 20-24oz if the currents are moving. Their regularly scheduled trips won't require you to use more than 12-14 oz most days fishing in the 20-40 mile wrecks.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 08:14:00 PM by FishOn »
Who are you to judge the life I live? I'm not perfect and I don't have to be! Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. - Bob Marley

Offline greg b

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 07:42:56 AM »
Thanks for the replies. To sum up - long trip,strong currents,bottom fishing,plenty of xtra tackle. I'm looking forward to it !     

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 10:00:27 AM »
Have a good time no matter what!!!  t^ Make sure you let us know how you do too! We love pictures...  ;D

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-