Author Topic: More help needed for IBSP...  (Read 4078 times)

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
More help needed for IBSP...
« on: February 01, 2013, 10:34:09 PM »
I know this is not fishing but it has to deal with IBSP.  Tomorrow Feb 2nd the park is asking volunteers for help on getting more Christmas trees lined up on the beach and for more beach clean up.  If you would like to help out simply go to the Bathing Beach Area 1 ans sign in.  Last time the doors were kept closed on the parking lot side and one was open on the ocean side because of the wind.  That will probably be the case this time as well.

It will be cold, so if you are looking to help out dress in layers.  What used to be a wind barrier for west winds are no longer there.  This is the problem we are trying to fix.  So far it is working as you will see if you decide to help out.

My family will be down there at 8:00 where coffee & tea will be available plus all the donuts you think you can eat. 

If tomorrow was like the last time the volunteers will be ferried to the work locations by the Beach Buggie Association and we will make sure you have transportation to and from the starting parking lot.  There are portable toilets available as the perminate ones are all winterized.

Come out and help one of the best kept secrets on the Jersey Shore get back to normal.

Thanks

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
Re: More help needed for IBSP...
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 10:41:16 PM »
Paul  slt on your effort, I would love to come and help but tomorrow is moving day so i wont be able to make it. Keep up the good work t^
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 11:04:34 PM »
I'm hoping to get out there for a few hours.  Won't know for sure till I get off duty at 7am.  But the truck is packed and ready for the sand.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 07:04:15 PM »
Wow, was it cold out there today.  I think the wind chill was about 12.  There were tons of volunteers all from different organizations.  Chris it was great to see you and Jason out on the beach.

All the trees were loaded onto pickups and steak trucks by volunteers and the state department's beach maintenance crew.  I don't care what anyone says that crew worked their butts off helping us with the trees and afterwards helping loading debris that was picked up by the volunteers.

many volunteers were sent down to the inlet where they were shocked to see the amount of damage and debris from telephone poles to bottles.  We had them fanned out from the the pocket to the back portions of the inlet.  he dunes were not off limits today as we had people scouring through them and dragging stuff out of them.

The park is gradually getting back to its clean almost pristine state.  The next date for volunteers at IBSP is Feb 16th.  I will get back to you with the time as there seemed to be a discrepancy in the times this morning.  That's okay but man was it cold out there.

If you look around face book you will see many photo's that people have taken.  If you are a surf fisherman or women takew a look at the ones that show the jetty.  specifically the north jetty.  The rocks were moved like pebbles and many are now in the inlet.  It is amazing how powerful water can be. 

If you get a chance to get out and help make it a point to get down to the inlet to see for yourself.  The road is now open to the end at A23. 

We also saw the Seaside Fire Company working on the Osprey Cam.  The nest made it through storm in great shape.  I will have to check to see if the cam is up and running.

Plus, about a half an hour before leaving we saw a huge flock of birds working the tip of the north jetty as one point it resembled a cloud.  The fish are there all we have to do is make the time to get out and fish them.  By the way the park is looking the southern end should be open sooner than later.  Unless they are waiting for the jetty to be repaired than in that case it will be a while.  I will keep you all posted on the progress.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 07:08:04 PM »
Great job guys! t^

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 10:18:44 PM »
 t^   We got a lot of work done today.
My truck was very happy to get sand between it's toes again.  ;D

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 10:20:36 PM »
 slt
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 10:27:31 PM »
I bet Chris.  I will be taking mine for some needed repairs this week.  I am sure the front end will need some work especially the ball joints.  I have to make it last a few more years at least.  I can't afford another Expedition right mow.

IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 04:20:10 PM »
Bumping this thread as a reminder....
This Saturday @8am on IBSP more dune replenishment work.  Snow fencing is on the schedule this time.
Coffee, donuts and lunch provided by NJBBA. 
Check out http://www.njbba.org/ or search for them on Facebook.   t^

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 04:39:33 PM »
Thanks Chris, especially if you have a pick up to help bring out the posts and rolls of fencing.  Make sure you have a good pair of gloves as the wood is by no means finish quality.
IN GOD WE TRUST

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-