Author Topic: Capt.Ron/FISHERMEN/Fridays Report  (Read 2843 times)

Offline 1captainron

• Sponsor
    • Capt Ron's Fishermen
Capt.Ron/FISHERMEN/Fridays Report
« on: May 03, 2013, 05:09:31 PM »
Nasty morning to start the day with the last of the outgoing and a NE wind. Rolled our crueller off until the change with a one one pick on mostly short fish. Couple keepers in the mix as they were hard to come by.

Waited a long time for some current, when it finaly came I wasn't happy with the bite so we made a move. Got set up with a hard incoming and started to pick away at nicer size fish.
Capt. Ron Sr. had his A game back after a couple tough days, landing 10 fish, keepers and shorts.

Pool fish went to Mike Valentinem from PA with a 16 pound beauty.
You gotta fish guys, cast out, keep your lines working. If you just sit and let the baits come under the boat and spin, your not going to catch.........it's fishing, work and you will be rewarded, Trust me!!
Here's a note: You cannot use circle hooks if you are going to SWING on the bite!!! J hooks on a Party boat unless you are live linning. Way too many fish lost with guys who just don't understand this..

Another tip: If you see a guy catching, do what he is doing!! Rig up the way he is fishing, cast where he is casting, it's not rocket science. If it's a pride thing, loose it, you will put way more fish in the box. I can only bring you to them and try To teach, the rest is up to you.

Capt.Dan is already in tune with his new boat and our operation and he loves it!! He's working hard everynight to get it done....I'm still trying to work out the bugs so he can post his reports, the guy is old school and never worked with computers so please be patient, I'll have him posting like a Pro in no time! Sailing everynight 6:30pm till 11:30pm Monday through Saturday and 3:30pm till 9:30pm on the Magic hours trip, fishing for Striped Bass. $55 fare for the night trips.

Thanks for checking in!
Capt. Ron

Offline Uncle Luna

• Super Hero Member
Re: Capt.Ron/FISHERMEN/Fridays Report
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 05:36:03 PM »
Agree about the circle hooks, stopped using them last year. Jay hooks only for me. Was nice to get out finally this year. Only managed 1 short but had fun none the less t^
Glad you enjoyed the jelly and cream donuts.
See you sometime soon.
Len Brugnola
Member Team Luna Sea 4

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 06:15:03 PM »
Had to be snotty .it was blowing hard inland .Good job Cap't .

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 06:28:26 PM »
Agree about the circle hooks, stopped using them last year. Jay hooks only for me. Was nice to get out finally this year. Only managed 1 short but had fun none the less t^
Glad you enjoyed the jelly and cream donuts.
See you sometime soon.
Len Brugnola

you finally learned about those circle hooks..  slt
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 09:45:38 PM »
Is  capt.dans fountain pen broke? ;)
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 08:54:16 AM »
 t^..... chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline Spanky

• my facebook page
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 09:04:56 AM »
Not sure what you are talking about with the circle hooks. I personally use them. I use a larger ones to help with the hook up. I would rather lose a keeper then terminally gut hook a short.
The secret to catching fish is, to fish, where the fish are.

Offline 1captainron

• Sponsor
    • Capt Ron's Fishermen
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 04:00:11 PM »
Not sure what you are talking about with the circle hooks. I personally use them. I use a larger ones to help with the hook up. I would rather lose a keeper then terminally gut hook a short.
What I said, Don't use them if you are going to SWING on the bite, guys lost way too many fish not knowing how to use them. Gut hooked fish are not a problem to remove a hook if done properly,and I have seen way too many bass that had circle hooks in thier stomach's, now those don't reverse out so easily and cause way too much damage.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 04:14:42 PM »
Circle hooks for the Sport.  J hooks for the Meat t^

Offline Spanky

• my facebook page
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 04:15:04 AM »
Hey Capt.

I have fished your boat a few times when the sea state was to rough for for mine. I guess I am a little confused by the word "swing". I switched over to circles because of all the short fluke I was killing for no reason. Since, I have learned how to work them, thing have been going good. I just use to hate catching shorts and having to release them, knowing they are going to die or actually see them floating minutes later. I fish from the surf a good amount also, and only use circles. I actually try to use as much artificial bait as possible. I just dont like killing things when I dont have to. Part of that reason is in hopes that maybe one day because of this type of routine they will make the size and limits a little easier.
The secret to catching fish is, to fish, where the fish are.

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 12:13:15 PM »
You gotta fish guys, cast out, keep your lines working. If you just sit and let the baits come under the boat and spin, your not going to catch.........it's fishing, work and you will be rewarded, Trust me!!
Here's a note: You cannot use circle hooks if you are going to SWING on the bite!!! J hooks on a Party boat unless you are live linning. Way too many fish lost with guys who just don't understand this..

Another tip: If you see a guy catching, do what he is doing!! Rig up the way he is fishing, cast where he is casting, it's not rocket science. If it's a pride thing, loose it, you will put way more fish in the box. I can only bring you to them and try To teach, the rest is up to you.

w. o. w. from The Master right there...

thanks Ron

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-