Author Topic: Pilot - 5/4, 5/5 Cinco de Mayo weekend - Senior Striperthon, Si  (Read 2072 times)

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
May 4 - Heck of a day with Kooz and his buddies from PA.....Tomass (I'll build you a house and it will only cost you a few beers and a place to stay), Michael (let me sit on this rail and fish) and Eric (sometimes Kevin).   Great group of guys giving it a good shot at the striped ones (they don't look or even taste like Walleye!).   Broke the code with these boys.  Good old homegrown Pennsyltucky hillbillies.  They had themselves a blast pinning a few good ones with sharp utensils dressed with clam and a few meat skirts.   Michael was first to hook up and released a shortie but got the itch real quick.  Kooz banged a hardcore and showed the balance how to get it done.   A neck slice and to the tank on ice!  Michael got his mojo going and delivered to more nice ones in succession.   Meanwhile.... I'm getting out of the gate going 0 for 4 sucking wind big time... had to check to see if I had a skirt on rgmn.   Kevin, oh man want a stare down, I mean Eric struggled for a bit too but finally managed to knock a couple of shorts on the head.  I got my redemption and added one to the box.   Tomass was chilin working his stuff and delivered a good one that was rewarded with an icy cold one.   We ended with a slow pick throughout the outgoing and into slack.  

Tally.   6 boxers, 4 shorts, 6 hookups and spits with a couple of blue fish, LRs, and a few skates.   Good time with the PA boyZ!

May 5 - Had the pleasure of the return crew from last weekend show up loaded for bear.  The fellas were dialed in with Rich once again getting it done big time (the pistol never cooled off).  Nickshaw, Chris, Rich and Steve O beat on them like a stubborn mule.  We were on a spot and waited it out to get the slick turned up a notch.  Then went through a bushel like you'd sop up your grandmothers meatballs and gravy on sunday afternoon.   Heck of a sight to see Steve O wail on a good fish and be the first out of the gate.   Don... next time give the kid a break, dial down the drag just a bit.  Poor kid went into paralysis with all the cranking ;D  Nice job getting it done.  Rich put on another clinic while Nick and Chris delivered their contributions to the dunk tank.  NE laid down nicely and it turned out to be a perfect morning.   Cleared lines and out of bait by 11:30.   Boxed ten and missed a few.   Time to regroup and get in on the bunker bite. t^  

« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 08:17:02 PM by pilot2550 »

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
Re: Pilot - 5/4, 5/5 Cinco de Mayo weekend - Senior Striperthon, Si
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 08:13:56 PM »
Good catching .  t^

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 08:48:59 PM »
 TT^
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 09:15:42 PM »
Nice Reports and pics Jeff.  Thanks for the parking spot when you pulled anchor. We got your slick going again and had fish. Even another Blackfish for us. 2 days in a row, out of season. :P
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 10:49:29 PM »
 t^ chrz
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline shayshay

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 09:50:17 AM »
Awesome bro...great read as usual... clp

Offline Capt. Don Sr

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 11:08:37 AM »
Another great day at SEAon the Z OBSSESION.   chrz     clp

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 01:32:14 PM »
 t^..... chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 09:15:20 PM »
 clp

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 09:41:01 AM »
Awesome pix Mr Z  clp

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-