Author Topic: NJ Fishing & Boating Weather Outlook: Week Edition May 20-24, 2013  (Read 10264 times)

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: NJ Fishing & Boating Weather Outlook: Week Edition May 20-24, 2013
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2013, 10:03:05 AM »
Sunday is looking worse than Saturday.  Saturday you are looking at some rain chances, winds 20-25 knots with gusts to 30-35 knots, Raritan Bay is looking like 2-3 feet with 5-8 second period (moderate wind chop) and the ocean is looking like 3-5 with an 8 second period (slight wind chop).  Sunday is worse, no rain, but higher seas, 4 second period and 35 knot gusts.

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2013, 10:09:28 AM »
:'( Thank you for the report though.  t^

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Friday Morning Update
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2013, 10:15:55 AM »
Many areas saw some heavy rains overnight into the early morning hours.  This has caused some minor river and stream flooding as well as flash flooding across many parts of Northern NJ.  Scattered showers will continue today with cloudy to mostly cloudy skies.  Temperatures will be in the upper 60's to low 70's with overnight lows down into the mid 40's.    Currently, there are Small Craft Advisories for Raritan Bay, Sandy Hook to Delaware and Delaware Bay.  Midshore to Offshore are under Gale Warnings.  These conditions will continue into Saturday, where chances of scattered showers are still possible.  As Saturday moves forward, rain chances decrease and clouds will begin to clear out.  Saturday will be windy with likely Small Craft Advisories or Gale Warnings.  Saturdays water conditions have lessened some, so I am not sure what the models are seeing.  Seas have been lowered to around 3-4 feet at 8 seconds, however I do not see the winds lessening, unless that front and low stall out some.

I will keep up with all current data and relay the latest info, but it does not look like conditions are going to improve much for Saturday or Sunday.

Offline Woodstock

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2013, 01:39:19 PM »
Thanks for the detailed reply and all the info posted here. Doesn't look promising for the weekend. Forecast for my couch though is 8-12oz mugs with a 50% chance of martini.  chrz

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2013, 01:57:01 PM »
Yeah, the weekend does not look good.  Monday does not look too bad!  The weather will start clearing on Saturday and be nice Sunday and Monday...just not the water rgmn!

Have a good weekend TT^
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 01:57:39 PM by Pfishingruven »

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Friday Afternoon Update
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2013, 02:40:11 PM »
The cold front has complete passed over the area and is now sitting just off the coast.  With the passing of the front, winds have picked up out of the northwest and temperatures dropped from the low 70's down into the 50's.  Radar shows lots of showers with some pockets of heavy rain moving across the state.  This will continue for a few more hours and then we will return to cloudy skies and more scattered chances of showers through Saturday.  All areas need to watch for flooding/flash flooding possibilities, especially northern areas.

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2013, 06:44:52 PM »
Thanks for the detailed reply and all the info posted here. Doesn't look promising for the weekend. Forecast for my couch though is 8-12oz mugs with a 50% chance of martini.  chrz

hhppy ;D chrz I'm going to stay positive and shoot for Sunday at some point during the day.  Doesn't hurt to drive down and check it out ya know. Untill I start taking vaca days I, like most of us, can't wait for the weekends to fish! Maybe I'll fish closer to shore in a couple nooks that I know. t^ If not there's always Monday! Thank you Matt!! Before we know it it'll be in the 90's! Good things come to us fishermen who wait!!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-