Author Topic: Flukin (7/21)  (Read 1278 times)

Offline DJ76

Flukin (7/21)
« on: July 22, 2013, 07:21:37 PM »
the new job is a little stressful so on saturday the wife says why don't you go fishin on sunday i'll take the kids to the pool.  Ummm...sure dear if you insist.  hopped on a party boat for some fluke all by my lonesome.  Handful of trips this year in and nothing but skunked outtings and shorts.  Whatever, its fishing not catching right?

Fish drift in get a good wack and my first keeper fluke of the season.  about twenty-twenty one inches.  Rest of the day saw another keeper fluke, some just barely shorts, and two keeper sea bass. I was thankful the cpatain didn't stay in the bay and decided to head out to the ocean.  not a stellar day but i ain't complaining.  Enough for a good meal last night.  took a few weeks but I finally broke through. been tough salt water fishing for me this year. rgmn

Sea bass and first keeper fluke were caught on the teaser ran about 12" from the bucktail.  fluke hit the gulp squido while the sea bass hit the teaser with squid.  the last keeper fluke hit the ball jib baited with squid/spearing combo.

FYI that new squido by gulp by far gave me the most hits (although mostly shorts, i had pink).  I think the action of those little "legs" drive the fish nuts and they just hit it.   5hrug Dunno but whatever, i'll take it.  thanks for reading grtn
It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.
~Stephen B. Leacock

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
Re: Flukin (7/21)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 08:11:49 PM »
Always good to shake the skunk .Nice going .

Offline Capt. Carl

• New Jersey Fishing Guru
  • Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
  • Hired Gun
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 08:04:50 AM »
 t^
Capt. Carl DiMenna
100 Ton U.S.C.G Master

Offline striperdad

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 01:01:55 PM »
 t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-