Author Topic: Manahawkin and Barnegat Bay Fishing tips please  (Read 3129 times)

Offline Dave O

Manahawkin and Barnegat Bay Fishing tips please
« on: November 21, 2013, 05:27:30 PM »
NO FISH - ANY TIPS? I Live in Beach Haven West, Manahawkin,near Long Beach Island, have small boat and I've been fishing Manahawkin Bay trolling and clamming for the last few weeks, but no fish. Any ideas for whether the fish come as far in as this bay?? Is it worth the wait ?? I'll keep trying but could use some help. Dave O 

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
Re: Manahawkin and Barnegat Bay Fishing tips please
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 05:34:38 PM »
Try fishing near the bridge pilings at night. t^

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 05:40:49 AM »
Clamming for Stripers is more of a spring time method. Live eels seem to work better in the fall. Plenty of info is available on eels in the forums if you try a search.  Good luck
      Your local bait and tackle shop should be able to give you some up to date reports too on where the fish have been feeding.
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline kayak1

• only at night
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 07:30:39 AM »
Fishing the bay is a night time bite.....Change the time you go fishing and you will catch more fish.

Find areas with bright lights on the water...This is where the bait will hold at night.....Bridge,Dock,all have lights.

I'm not sure how far you are from the sedge banks that line the North side of the Barnegate Inlet.....This area will hold Big Bass into December.

If your fishing live Eels you can drift that entire area in the dark ....Clam fishing your better off to anchor up and chum heavy.....This you can do really anytime.

Kayak-1
The areas I fish are the ones you said where a wast of time

Offline Dave O

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 05:12:55 PM »
thanks you guys, I'll try it and report back. Dave O

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 06:49:07 PM »
Fishing the bay is a night time bite.....Change the time you go fishing and you will catch more fish.

Find areas with bright lights on the water...This is where the bait will hold at night.....Bridge,Dock,all have lights.

I'm not sure how far you are from the sedge banks that line the North side of the Barnegate Inlet.....This area will hold Big Bass into December.

If your fishing live Eels you can drift that entire area in the dark ....Clam fishing your better off to anchor up and chum heavy.....This you can do really anytime.

Kayak-1
t^    Great info

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-