Author Topic: Stripers sun night, fluking fri-sun  (Read 22560 times)

Offline Fisherman120

Stripers sun night, fluking fri-sun
« on: June 09, 2014, 09:54:54 PM »
I was able to get onto a boat Sunday night that made the long run to "our area" and had an insane night of striper fishing. Most blowups happened once your bunker hit the water. On our first drift I think 8 of 16 passengers hooked up within the first two minutes on huge stripers  Everybody had at least a blow up here. The fishing remained crazy the whole night but not as crazy as that drift. I had my unluckiest night of striper fishing ever, 6 blow ups and none of them wanted to take my bunker. Just messed with me and moved on to the next one. Lol

I spent a total of about 6 hours fluking between friday-sunday morning, all from the surf in very shallow water. Caught around 20 fluke altogether, with most of them being well sized. 10 of them were between 16.5-18, had some super shorts as always, and I had 3 definite no doubt keepers. A 19.5, 21, and a fat 23 incher. None of them were kept, I don't eat fluke(Or fish, period) but I think if I wanted to limit out each day I think I would've. Back at it tommorow morning and hopefully weds morning and evening.

Maxieboy

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Re: Stripers sun night, fluking fri-sun
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 05:36:16 AM »
Nice report. Cool dog too t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 06:01:21 AM »
 whs
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 06:06:48 AM »
You and Lassie are fluke'n team .Doing better from the beach ,than most from boats .

Offline Fisherman120

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 01:35:18 PM »
Went this A.M, this was my only fluke caught, somewhere between 20-21 inches. Lost another 5 feet away that was easily 4/5 lbs. Fishing was super slow, those 2 were my only action. Have work tonight, gonna give it a try in the A.M again.

Also, all of these fish is in Raritan Bay, specifically Staten Island.

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 03:53:26 PM »
clp Nice Fish! Beautiful dog too!  ;) Great to see you out and about fishing! Gotta come with us again! I'm missing the accent  :P

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 07:44:18 PM »
 t^
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-