Author Topic: Pilot - Good flatties Sat 6/7  (Read 2058 times)

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
Pilot - Good flatties Sat 6/7
« on: June 08, 2014, 05:37:01 PM »
After a very late Friday night with good family friends and my brother Jay (a few bottles of wine missing from the wine rack --- wonder how that happened), Jay and I hit the basement to catch 4 hrs of wink before we got the stink on.   Picked up Skunk and made the obligatory run to WaWa for some wake me up.   Stuck to the guns on local fish and was not disappointed.  Headed to the skinny and put the nylon pinch on plenty of pieces.   ;D

Started working the spots and we really had to be on it today.  The shifting light wind and tide changes made it challenge to replicate drift tracks.  We stayed the course.  Jay had the basket loading up with steady rhythm and got his limit. Nice job Brother.   With a couple sleepless swings, it took me a bit to connect and when it came together it was constant action.  But I couldn't find a keep for the life of me.  Skunk had a tough day of it but did put two quality keeps in the box one going 4lb 22".  Toward the end of the trip I finally made contributions.   90% of my fish picked up the bait and ran at me putting slack in the line.  ???  Haven't had that happen with that level of regularity. 

We found a couple of cocktails for the grill that Jay was all about.  Enjoyed the day.  Had crazy action but we worked for the ones that count.   10 keep flatties made it to the grocery cart. 

A couple of fresh fluke tacos for dinner t^

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Pilot - Good flatties Sat 6/7
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 07:04:41 PM »
Nice going t^  I saw you in the morning heading the wrong way,  is that where you got the fish?
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 08:50:38 PM »
You worked for them. Enjoy !!

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 08:59:09 PM »
Looks good Jeff.  I'm hungry. t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline shayshay

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 04:07:38 PM »
Awesome day bro out on the water  clp. YOu woke me up on the fishing  ovrbt and I'm raring to go again this Saturday. I think I have them even more figured out with some strategic bait in mind. Stay tuned  pcrn

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 04:33:36 PM »
clp Verrrrrry cool! Looks like everyone is on the Fish Taco train...first Eddie, now you.  ;D I have a totally simple Cilantro sauce in case you're interested. Maybe I'll see you out there this weekend!  slt 

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-