Author Topic: 6/19 Sandy Hook Fluke Charter Report  (Read 1237 times)

Offline Capt. Carl

• New Jersey Fishing Guru
  • Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
  • Hired Gun
6/19 Sandy Hook Fluke Charter Report
« on: June 20, 2014, 06:28:06 AM »
Wasnt out best day yesterday by any means....Headed out at 5:30 a.m. after the storms rolled through with NJSWF crew Denn, Mark, Matt and the kids. Flat calm we ran to a local spot for a quick drift...no love. Picked up and ran deep. First drift was manageable but then the east wind came calling around 15 kts....conditions werent bad but it made for a very fast drift and tough to hold bottom. Ran to a sea bass spot not far away...lines down and a couple of hits and a couple of snagged rods. Ran it again and Denn comes tight on something nice, only to come unbuttoned half way up. Got the hell out of dodge after that drift and went back shallow....couple shorts here and there...little move and finally the wind starts to back off and mark comes tight on a BIG fluke....halfway up....BINK...fish off....wanted that one back in a bad way. Few more shorts....then current drops out....ran a little deeper. Nice drift but could never repeat the line....Denn sticks a nice fish at 24 inches....nice hits bit that was about it. Back to dock at 1:30...just before the next batch of downpours.
Pleasure as always with the crew...tried hard but wished for better results for the gang today!
Mark made some of the best meatballs I ever had, Matt brought me a 5lb super italian sandwich amd Denn whipped up ribs in an awesome BBQ sauce....I wont eat for 3 days now!
Thanks again guys!
Capt. Carl DiMenna
100 Ton U.S.C.G Master

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
Re: 6/19 Sandy Hook Fluke Charter Report
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 06:53:28 AM »
Thanks for the report, Capt Carl.  Sounds like a tough day but not for not trying.
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
Re: 6/19 Sandy Hook Fluke Charter Report
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 09:09:55 AM »
 t^ ....  chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-