Author Topic: IBSP help  (Read 1710 times)

Offline yankeesfn08

IBSP help
« on: November 08, 2007, 08:16:34 PM »
hey i think im heading out to ibsp sunday. Any 1 got any tips wat time. areas to go to, or bait to use??? thx

Offline SouthPaw

• There's more to it than catching
Re: IBSP help
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 11:10:19 PM »
I would use fresh clams or lures. As far as location I haven't a clue from the beach. Good Luck.
A good day of fishing is better than a bad day of fishing. A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. That means work sucks!

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 11:42:49 PM »
Hi Yankee,

I would start fishing around 7:00 in the morning till 9:00 or 1:30 to 3:30 in the afternoon.  Gillikins area is always a good place to stare if you are driving on but if you are a walk on you can pick any of the parking areas but if you are not sure which one to start with #7 is an easy walk on and there is a nice hole just to the south of there always watch the birds.

As far as bait clams are a staple out there.  I would recommend getting yourself a number of fishfinder rigs with any where from 2oz to 6 oz pyramid sinkers and 6/0 to 8/0 circle hooks.

For Lures you can't go wrong with AVA's in 17, 27, or 47.  I also like the 007's which are the 1oz ones either yellow green or chartreuse tube color.

Plug wise I would go with a pencil popper style in either red and white or red and yellow.  or poppers in the same colors.

I hope this helps

Happy catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline yankeesfn08

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 11:52:58 PM »
Yea i do drive on and i never have fished Gilikins but i have heard alot about it??? is there any specific spot there where i can go???

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 11:57:55 PM »
Pretty much anywhere in the northern part I hear is working right now.  But like anywhere you have to watch the birds and look for the bait.  Lately the bait have been easy to spot the schools were huge the other day all moving south.

Plus today the boats were a good give away, they were no more than 100 yards off the beach, and catching fish.

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-