Author Topic: GAMBLER --Fluke, Seabass, Mackerel, Nite Wreckin'  (Read 1687 times)

Offline Capt Bogan

• Sponsor
    • Gambler Fishing
GAMBLER --Fluke, Seabass, Mackerel, Nite Wreckin'
« on: June 08, 2015, 05:46:59 PM »
We had it tough during the week days with weather. Nothing at all to report until Saturday. On Saturday and Sunday morning, the Gambler had some action on fluke, including a 5lber caught by Ralph Riveria, of Brick. Also in the mix to help fill the coolers were some nice sea bass. Scott Kiss was out with his family on Saturday afternoon and filled a small cooler with the beauties. Along with those two species, we are also seeing some sundials, sand sharks, searobins, four-spot flounder, ling and even a few cod (which shows how cool the water still is.) Weather was not good out there again today (Monday), unfortunately so it effected the fishing. We have been spotting humpback whales on several of our trips so far this spring --so keep watch.

On our night trip this Saturday, Capt Mike took the Gambler off about 20 miles and set her on a drift. The reports for blue fishing had been sparse, but when he got into the area, he found good marks on his fish finder. Within a few moments, there were clouds of schooling mackerel all around the boat. Our customers soon began bailing the feisty one-pounders over the rails. Big blues were spotted chasing the mackerel but could not be enticed to take our offerings --even when it was a live mackerel bait. Everyone had a lot of fun catching them and there was one bluefish caught. At least, if the blues aren't bitting, we'll have a mac attack to depend on. Try to bring a cooler to store your macks, or bluefish, in to keep them fresh. We sell ice on the dock. Best way to cook the mackerel is marinate over night and grill with a smoker box (easily Googled).

Our Nite Wreckin' trips will start this Thursday and fish every Thursday night into September. We will target: Ling, Cod, Squid, Flounder and other bottom critters. Be prepared for anything.

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
Re: GAMBLER --Fluke, Seabass, Mackerel, Nite Wreckin'
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 06:57:30 PM »
 t^
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 07:58:05 PM »
 t^

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 07:56:19 AM »
Thanks Capt.Bob
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 03:07:08 PM »
Thanks for the info. Capt. t^
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-