Author Topic: What did i do wrong!  (Read 3137 times)

Offline kpcoe

• Super Hero Member
  • 21' Seaswirl Striper..."Freedom 3"
What did i do wrong!
« on: June 02, 2017, 09:54:53 PM »
wow,what a friday.....was hoping for some good thursday posts,,,but when that didnt happen(thanks Capt. Ric) was caught between canceling the trip and trying to "make" a great report.....towed the boat to atlantic highlands,nice 45 min drive, was able to purchase 65 dollars worth of stuff i needed just 'in case!'....left in flat calm seas and was still debating weather to head to JFK or the rocks, weather forecasts were very sketchy so as we hit the hook decided to head south to the rocks as the ocean was flat calm and perfect for a 21 ft boat!.....as we get past the highlands bridge we see some very fishy activity....some splashes, some fins....snag a few bunker and are pumped this is a BANNER DAY!!!!!.....the fish we are gonna catch!!!!!.....we get too the rocks and someone turned the dead south breeze to kick in....well it didnt stop! played all day and a few barfs later from old reliable Pat!....even had some double play action with the 5 gallon bucket!.....must say me and Joe doubled over in hysterics listening to the sounds he admitted!...best laugh in years!.....put old reliable thru some continuous for the next few hours all the way to tip of asbury and back....pulled the gear at 1 and headed to hook with hopes of calmer seas and some fluke,,,,turned hook to flat flat seas and actually moved so we could get some drift,,,,,then out of knowhere...a strong west wind!,,,very strong,,,,,white cap nasty strong!,,,,2 big bergal and some great looking bunker for the day!.....What a miserable day!......its going to take me a while to shake this trip off!,,,,,makes me respect those who have to deal with the elements everyday!  this  chrz chrz chrz on you!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 09:58:21 PM by kpcoe »
Freedom 3

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
Re: What did i do wrong!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 10:20:50 PM »
The elements have kept us dockside on many occasions this spring . believe it to be the worst spring , weather wise in a long time . Guess we were due ,but dam....

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 10:35:34 PM »
well, I can definitely relate. lol. you'll get them next time

Offline capt ric

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 07:04:56 AM »
that wind came up out of nowhere and I actually missed my dock on the first pass and had to back up and try again/first missed attempt in probably 25 years
Robalo 305

Offline Down Deep Fleet

• Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
  • THE 40' 1-15 PASSENGERS DOWN DEEP FLEET
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 09:45:58 AM »
You made the right call going south weather wise. Once we shake this shyt spring weather pattern, things will heat up. Then we have the summer afternoon southerly's to look forward to  chrz
DOWN DEEP BULL - 40' CUSTOM RP WILLIS BEAL -

U S C G CERTIFIED 1 - 15 PASSENGERS / HUGE COCKPIT / HEAT & AC

Harbor View Marina
165 - West Front Street
Keyport, NJ 07735

CAPT. MARIO 609 827 1232
AVAILABLE DATES & RESERVATIONS 609-689-8631

1 GOAL - 2 CAPTAINS - 3 MATES - 4 EXCELLENT TRIPS - 5 STAR SERVICE
-----
http://www.downdeepsportfishing.com/ddsf/

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 06:57:31 AM »
I had a  small on a trip like that yesterday "Saturday "
 slt
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 06:32:19 AM by Hunter 2 »
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline kpcoe

• Super Hero Member
  • 21' Seaswirl Striper..."Freedom 3"
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 08:37:07 AM »
that wind came up out of nowhere and I actually missed my dock on the first pass and had to back up and try again/first missed attempt in probably 25 years
.....it was crazy at the ramp...many guys had several attempts at getting there boat loaded onto trailer! it was hectic....and 2 the two aholes in the 14ft dingy fishing inside the hook....better get some brains or will be reading about u in the obituaries! chrz
Freedom 3

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 06:02:15 AM »
 5hrug
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-