Author Topic: Propbaits  (Read 1661 times)

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
Propbaits
« on: May 06, 2008, 01:17:09 PM »
Propbaits
Advanced Top Water
by: Chad T. Keogh (Badchad)

The modification of my propbaits is more complex, but still begins with replacing the stock treble hooks with #4 Mustad Triple Grips. Next comes the slightly more complex part. You need to determine if you want the propbait to move forward more or less when you’re twitching it back in.

I base my decision on water temperature. In water 70F and lower, I want less forward motion. In water higher than 70F, I want more forward motion.

The way to control forward motion on propbaits is by bending the propellers. I bend them slightly forward for more resistance in the water and therefore less forward motion, or slightly back for less resistance and more forward motion.

My technique for working my propbait is identical to working a popper. Cast it, let it sit, slight twitch, then begin twitching the rod downward in an erratic pattern. Remember to hold the rod tip low to keep the line near the lure submerged.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 07:08:08 PM by Luna Sea 3 »
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-