Author Topic: From the suds  (Read 972 times)

Offline Slick56

From the suds
« on: May 18, 2008, 06:31:55 PM »
Fished GK harbor crookes on Sat morning. Caught the end of the incoming. Had a few runoffs and lost em. A nibble here a nibble there, nada. 2 guys next to me caught a 42in bass and a 33in bass right as i got there at 630am. The entrance to the harbor sat morning was like the scene out of jaws, pure mayhem. No wonder why the bunker were scattered and so darn low. So after the el skunko I went home and decided to hit the incoming later in the day.
Went to Cliffwood beach off the rocks. Fished with some bunker i had left over on my 9ft spin rod. Nada. Well that was sitting there i decided to make myself busy with casting some black bombers. After 4 casts bam! Had to be a bass, but i would never know. The fish was peeling line off my Abu6500 like crazy. So I increased the drag a bit and it was still making short bursts. I was afraid my st croix was gonna snap if i landed this fish and had to get him up the rocks cuz it had to be a big bass the way it fought. I had to turn this fish so I thumbed him and sure enough pooof! break off.  5hrug :-\ :'( Im so mad you all have no idea. I managed 2 more bass both in the 22-25 range which were set free nice and easy and went home upset cause I knew I lost a big one.
Tight lines all.
Mike Slick

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: From the suds
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 06:39:39 PM »
Nice report Mike and decent catch, bummer about the break off.  :P
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-