Author Topic: Fluke Fishing  (Read 2200 times)

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
Fluke Fishing
« on: May 25, 2008, 07:33:00 PM »
Whats up everyone, just have a question for you guys. I am thinking about going fluke fishing next weekend (June 2nd) i think. Is it to early for fluke or is everything going to be alright you think. I was thinking either walking out to the point of sandy hook (hoping that theres no birds out there, where we cant fish there) or i was going to go to the manasquan inlet. Probably it it with my 9 foot ugly stick and 12 pound test, and use some gulp and squid or killies and squid. Now do I have the wrong idea ? What would you guys do for fluke right offshore this early in the fluke season ?

Appreciate the help guys, gonna grab another beer!!  chrz
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: Fluke Fishing
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 12:26:51 PM »
Whats up everyone, just have a question for you guys. I am thinking about going fluke fishing next weekend (June 2nd) i think. Is it to early for fluke or is everything going to be alright you think. I was thinking either walking out to the point of sandy hook (hoping that theres no birds out there, where we cant fish there) or i was going to go to the manasquan inlet. Probably it it with my 9 foot ugly stick and 12 pound test, and use some gulp and squid or killies and squid. Now do I have the wrong idea ? What would you guys do for fluke right offshore this early in the fluke season ?

Appreciate the help guys, gonna grab another beer!!  chrz
maybe if you stuck with us all winter, you would know the answer... Just kidding... nice to see ya back
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 07:16:49 PM »
Hi Fishon, I tried for fluke Sat and Sun from boat. Water temp still a bit too low for any decent action. From the beach you would probably fare better targeting bluefish or bass.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 08:40:58 PM »
Fish on the Fluking was pretty good around the Hook (Bug Light & CG Station, also in the Shrewsbury River.......don't know how it would be from the beach.........you could always rent a small boat in Highlands or Rumson....right in the prime area t^

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 10:57:49 AM »
Hey fishon glad your back, rough winter?

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 04:15:57 PM »
whats up everyone, thanks for replying to my post...

my winter was good, i did alot of freshwater fishing for like salmon and steelhead alot up north by lake ontario so i kind of lost touch with the saltwater action, i wasnt on this site to much during the winter either (i wish i was)... im gonna walk to the tip of sandy hook through that path at the end there on saturday i think, ill bring my tackle for blues and bass with spoons and poppers, but im honestly going to try and target the fluke mainly with my favorite gulp bait and squid strip, and if theres killies available/or spearing ??

We will see what happens, I have had some good luck fishing the point.. especially with the sea robins and the bluefish... lets see if i can get a nice bass, or a few fluke... will definitly leave a report sunday morning
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline Capt. Mike

• Super Hero Member
    • Reel Time Sport Fishing
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 04:20:45 PM »
Good luck Mark!  TT^

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 04:27:26 PM »
Kellies $13 a pint :-X nosmly

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 06:24:24 PM »
haha went up a dollar since last year i think

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-