Author Topic: Fluke or Blues/Bass  (Read 1328 times)

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
Fluke or Blues/Bass
« on: May 28, 2008, 05:39:14 PM »
Ok...

Im heading out to the point of sandy hook sunday to do some surf fishing. Now should i gear up for bass/blues with some big spoons and bunker ? or should I bring my pole and fish for fluke ?

For Fluke:
Would I be alright with a 9 foot ugly stick, a freshwater shimano reel ( ??? ) and 12 pound Trilene Clear line. I lose my train of thought when i change from saltwater to freshwater. What would you use for fluke off the surf, im lost again.

Blues and Bass will be fine from a 9 foot ugly stick and 12 pound test while using spoons. I have my heavy duty rod/reel combo for the bunker combination.

Thanks Alot
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline bayonne

Re: Fluke or Blues/Bass
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 07:09:24 PM »
squid and killies just like from a boat its alittle early but they are in close i was at great kills sat and a guy was catching fluke from shore on the harbor side i would bring two poles and do both and switch from bait to lures for the bass and blues when trying for fluke bait up and put it in a rod holder you never know

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 11:01:36 PM »
yep have the lobster AND the cracked crab

go for both

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 11:08:42 PM »
Hey Mark,

If today is any indication of things to come up north the blues were all over down here.  The bait of choice was the good old bunker chunks.  The problem you could not get your bait down fast enough to get to the bottom.  So if you want to target stripers clams would be the key as the blues will for the most part leave them alone.

But still you have to get the bait down fast.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-