Author Topic: Manasquan River/Inlet area 6/14/08  (Read 1441 times)

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
Manasquan River/Inlet area 6/14/08
« on: June 14, 2008, 07:35:47 PM »
I met up with a couple of friends of mine, that I haven't had a chance to fish with in a long time.  The goal was to try our luck in today's JCAA tourney.  We started in the river and had just a few shorts.  Took a ride to just outside the inlet where we were greeted by tons of bunker flipping here and there.  I somehow forgot all about fluke  ;) and  quickly replaced my bucktail with a snatch hook.  I had the other guys switch over to livelining rigs while I snagged a few bunkies.  They were really thick at times, but, it seemed, that nothing wanted to eat them.  So, I snagged a half dozen more bunker for my one friend to take home for crab bait and we went back to fluking.  He found it to be really amazing to see all the bunker splashing around out there!  He had never seen anything like that before. TT^

As far as the fluking, we fished a lot of different depths, although I couldn't tell you exactly what they were since my friends boat doesn't have a depthfinder. ;D  We were able to hook up with some more shorties.  But, try as we might, we just couldn't get a keeper fish today. 

All in all though, the weather was beautiful and it was a great day to be back out on the water with a couple of good friends.   t^

-Bob   

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Manasquan River/Inlet area 6/14/08
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 07:47:26 PM »
Nice report Bob. It was a nice day to be on the water with old friends.  t^ Catch em up next time.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 08:02:10 PM »
Nice try Bob

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 10:24:29 PM »
Bob, Should have called on the radio. We were into the bass south of the inlet today. <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-