Author Topic: kids fishing day  (Read 3146 times)

Offline surfrocket

kids fishing day
« on: May 18, 2008, 10:08:45 AM »
I went to the Hooked on the Hudson fishing day yesterday. The Hudson River Club donated one hundred rods and bait to take inner city kids fishing for the day on the Hudson. We were there teaching kids how to fish and launch their baits way out into the Hudson. In all the kids did great catching lots of fish,and winning great prizes. Is there any other club that does this, I would love to be a part of it. If any one would like to help set up such an event drop me a line, its great for the sport and the community. The kids really love it, and its a nice way to give back.

Offline brijones1

Re: kids fishing day
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 10:39:00 AM »
Every year I try to get donated equipment for the ranger department in somerset county for free fishing programs.  Every year we probably have around 10 groups come out to learn how to fish.  This year I'm going to become a HOFNOD instructor if they send me, hooked on fishing not on drugs. We can always use help with these programs. The firstt program will be in a couple weeks

We also have a fishing derby this year http://www.somersetcountyparks.org/brochFlyers/TR_RogueBass_FishingDerby.pdf
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

Offline bayonne

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 02:48:12 PM »
sounds great were on the hudson do you guys set up sounds like something i would like to help with next year

Offline seanr8w

• Can't Cast..Can't Fish.. I guess I Caught a 22
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 04:47:36 AM »
Nice Job Rocket...You didn't teach the kids to kiss fish though, I hope.  rofla hhppy rofla hhppy rofla
"Last year I went fishing with Salvador Dali. He was using a dotted line. He caught every other fish....."
Steven Wright

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 05:54:05 AM »
 t^
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 07:37:27 PM »
 :-*
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 08:04:34 PM »
yeah it was at Ross dock area. they do it every yea. i was very happy to be a part of the day, i just recently was invited back next year. They supply all the rods,rigs, and bait for the kids fishing contest. They have a casting contest''i won but gave my prize to one of the kids, lol''  They give the kids great stuff fishing vests, rod and reel combos, tackel boxes loaded,plier sets. It really was nice to be a part of it. It would be nice to set up an event like this more centralized in jersey. The kids and there familys really had a great time.They even had a kids band playing oldies, and they were really good. Kids are great and to see a kid catch a fish for the first time, words cant describe it. I know we cant teach um too good though, keep some fish out there for us, lol. My daughter brags all the time how she kicks my butt, at the lake by my house.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-