Author Topic: so whats next after fluke??  (Read 4560 times)

Offline gagedylan

• http://www.myspace.com/husbandshatemeclub
    • facebook
Re: so whats next after fluke??
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2008, 10:26:47 PM »
no mention of kingfish and drum? maybe i'm the only one catching them....two weeks in a row now
25' Chris Craft Sea Hawk W/A with twin Suzuki 140 OB

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2008, 11:57:15 PM »
No...very good options as well!!

TT^

Offline gottog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2008, 10:59:53 AM »
OK Tog, I usually (well, alway's) fish on
the Sea Hawk. What kind's of rigs (or hooks
and leader matereal) should I bring next week?
BTW, I'm going to try to get on board on Friday
afternoon's trip.
-Mr Limpett

Well they had zero fares today 5hrug and are suppose to make some test drops on some structure to see if the stealth Scup can be tempted. They've been picking away at fluke lately.  Some onboard doing fairly well, most a keeper or two, and some with none.

For porgies and sea bass I'll use a hi-lo rig. 1/0 Gami oct hooks are good for the porgies and sea bass you can use 3/0-5/0 ones without problems.

I run a long leader tied directly to the braid on my conventional reel, probably a good 15' of so.  At end I make a loop for the sinker and than some dropper loops to attach the snelled hooks.  For this fishing I'll go with 20-30# mono for the leader as you're sometimes in the abrasive bottom.

If porgies are the main target, I'll just slip on store bought, preseneeled porgy hooks(gold baitholders) that come with the red bead ;)  Will usually make a dropper in one of them to add on a second hook.  The two hook rig will go on the low dropper, while a single one goes on the high dropper.  I generally go with the larger hook sizes they offer.  Either that or just go with a "boat rig" as they work just fine.

If it's sea bass and possibility of some blackfish, I'll snell the Gami Oct 3/0-4/0 on some stiff 30-50# test mono and rig up similar to the aforementioned way with porgies.

Usually no swivels, snaps, etc on my rigs.  The less knots and hardware to fail, the better. slt

I usually go with clam as bait, but if there's crabs around, they'll go on the hook too ;)

XL Rods addict
Fishing hack

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-