Author Topic: Point Pleasant Canal Cluck-U Tog Challenege Report and Results  (Read 2245 times)

Offline Capt -Jerry P

• Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
    • Fish Monger
Point Pleasant Canal Cluck-U Tog Challenege Report and Results
« on: September 20, 2008, 10:34:39 AM »
CLUCK U CHALLENGE TODAY ;D ;D ;D

WILL POST RESULTS chrz

Offline The Broken One

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 10:18:08 PM »
Well what a day.... was INVITED down to the Cluck u Tog Challenege to be a fair and balanced moderator for the Big Event... The PLAYERS who eventually participated are as follows.... LAB, Scotty, Stelli, Uncle Paulie, Baccala Dave, Wayne O and Jerry.....No matter What gets posted after this, I am giving the true account of what happened as this was my job for the day.....

Arrived at 1245pm at the pre determined start off point on the PPC...along with LAB and Scotty.... loaded up and went down to the fence....event supposed to run from 1pm to 5pm with the Most Tog, no matter what size, being the winner.... since I was moderating and not included in the totals i dropped down and started to fish while waiting for the others....

Now this is where the controversy starts... It is now 1pm and no one is there yet besides the 3 of us yet they all were supposedly on thier way... LAB puts up an objection to me stating I must start the thing as the rules state 1-5pm.... OK I agree and declare lines in.... I believe Scotty Jumped off to a fast start swinging 3 fish 1 being a keeper...and I believe LAB swings one also... now Stelli, Dave and Uncle Paulie show, I tell them they are late go ahead and fish....they do... a few minutes later, maybe 10-15 minutes have expired since the start, Wayne and Jerry now show up and Jerry wants to know why we have started without him he was stuck in traffic...now unknown to me he and LAB have words and Jerry declares himself out of the contest but wants to fish, now UNKNOWN to me again LAB takes issue with Jerrys decision not to be included in the Challenge so he picks up his marbles and LEAVES....WTF.... i didnt even know he left till jerry approached me a few minutes later saying he is going home he is now to aggravated and now Jerry leaves..... WTF.... Well we decide the show must go on..... maybe 20 minutes goes by and now Jerry is back, declares himself back in the competition, I said ok it but tell him he has to catch up as everyones catch to that point counts.... he agrees and we fish on....

Now the plan is to fish till 3pm and then move to the other location to start round 2.... Scotty has the hot hand with UP for most of the 1st round, as UP fizzles and the others just keep pace Jerry turns up the heat and finishes round 1 with 20 fish just 2 short of the leader Scotty's 22....

first round results.....

Scotty-- 22
Jerry -- 20
UP -- 18
Wayne --17
Stelli --15
Dave -- 8
LAB -- 1

We now move on to spot number 2 and its wild ass fishing from the time i ring the bell..... Stelli put on a fishing display I havent witnessed in years... crushing fish after fish.. as Jerry struggled early to keep pace as did the others... When Stelli swung his 4th double header I was thinking this thing is all over.... BUT.... u guessed it Jerry switched over his rig to a Stelli rig and another comeback was mounted.....as time ran down it was apparent it was between The Big Man and The Little Man.... what a fight to the finish.... In the waining seconds Jerry held the overall lead by 1 fish and at the buzzer as Stelli was getting chewed, Jerry swings a Double Header to beat the clock by less than tenths of a second and take the win.......

These 2 guys sore lipped a tremendous amount of fish today.....

The second round results were as follows....

Stelli -- 53
Jerry -- 51
Up -- 36
Wayne -- 28
Scotty -- 12
LAB -- 0
Dave -- DNS

which gives the FINAL RESULTS FOR THE DAY

JERRY -- 71
STELLI -- 68
UP -- 54
WAYNE -- 45
SCOTTY -- 34
DAVE -- 8
LAB -- 1

Throw IN another 30 for myself and this brings the grand total of THE CLUCK U FISH CATCH TOO..... 311.... and i believe we kept 5

if not for all the BS at the start this would have been a great day fishing with friends.... 

And thats the WAY IT WAS Sept 20, 2008......
"When the game is over, the kings and the pawns go back in the same box"

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 10:28:58 PM »
Haha!!>  Great Post Tom!!  Cool Day guys!!

« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 10:55:30 PM by Hotrod »

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 10:29:23 PM »
Ha! Ha!  Too funny! rofla

Nice going guys!  Looks like y'all had a fun day!  t^

...errr, except for the guy that left all PO'd.  ;D

Offline Capt -Jerry P

• Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
    • Fish Monger
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 10:48:42 PM »
Good times fellas t^

Wish ya stayed Mike but we still love ya

Even with the 30 min head start the Monger Prevailed rofla

Chicken was good but that thermo sauce burning my insides :-X

Great to do battle with ya stel

Can Wait for the next one,

Now Somebody turn off the NE fan >:(

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 10:57:01 PM »
Nice "Come Back" Jerr!!  " F this..I'm gunna win this thing" t^

Ah..  Missed the Lab part..

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 10:59:11 PM »
Now that is some togging!  Great catches!  Congrats Capt "Togmaster" Jerry!  Way to catch up, no pun intended.  Sounds like it was a great day and fun event. 

TT^
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 12:15:34 AM by Pfishingruven »

Offline njplayer

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 11:51:31 PM »
Damn thats a lot of fish. Sounds like you guys had a blast. I was down there for a bit this morning with my son. Caught 10 or so tog. One keeper, 19" fish that I gave to some fellow fisherman. Put up a good fight on light tackle in that current.
  Then I made my way to the inlet, mostly to check it out as I haven't been there in years. Only thing happening there was some folks in kayaks trying to make it out to the ocean. Between the wind and the incoming tide it took them over an hour.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Point Pleasant Canal Cluck-U Tog Challenege Report and Results
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 06:47:00 AM »
Great report and competition. Next time, let us in on when it is and we will be down there charging admission to see this fabulous event.

Can place odds on the winner too.  TT^

Congrats on the win Jerry.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline FINITALIA2

• 43.8lbs. 49in.
Re: Point Pleasant Canal Cluck-U Tog Challenege Report and Results
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 09:29:08 AM »
nice catches

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-