Author Topic: Fluke spots  (Read 3002 times)

Offline BAHILA / PCramer6

Fluke spots
« on: May 17, 2007, 08:35:52 AM »
Ok so im setting up for some new fluking tackle and am registered in the Fluke tournament for June 9th.  Here's my question.. Im going to be in the Metedakonk/ Manasquan River/ Inlet or offshore area and I'm taking a client out for the trip.  Does anyone know the Fluke's migration patterns around that time of year (inshore/ offshore)?  Any spots I should try so I don't go out there blind and lool like a complete ass?   :-\  I know the Hospital  but thats about it.

Pat
BAHILA  23' CC Wellcraft Fisherman
225 Johnson 4-stroke
Fishing out of Manasquan Inlet

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Fluke spots
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 09:11:06 AM »
PC,
I run out of Shark River.  My fishing in the previous years for this tournament included fishing the lumps just north of the Klondike and then working my way either north toward the Shrewsbury Rocks or south to the Sea Girt Reef.  I have done well with this plan. 
However, the past two years all I could muster up on the 4-6 mile lumps was spiny dog fish.

It was three or four years ago my boat placed 1st for Shark River with a 7 pound 4 oz fluke.  This fluke came on our next to last stop just north of your inlet (Manasquan) about a mile from the beach.  The secret is getting thru all the short fish that are inshore.

I am not too familiar with the fishing in the waters inside Manasquan but I would think there should be some nice fish there. 

Joe
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline fin_s_guy

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 09:33:26 AM »
Pat,

I'd think though there are good fish in the river, your best bet is to get out front in the 40-50 foot depth and work some of the rock piles if you are looking for the "big" boys. It is a little early for them to stack up in there, but I'd take my chances out front rather than inside. Water temp plays a big roll in how you fish for them too. Good luck to you out there, and some of the best guys go out and whiff. If nothing else...you are fishing and how bad can that be?

Take it easy.
-Bob t^
Cell # 908-451-3041

I do what the voices in my head tell me....and they say GO FISHING!!!

Offline Flukedood

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 09:51:53 AM »
How does the water temp affect how you fish for them? I love fluiking and have had heard a couple of theories..
I spend 90% of my time fishing, The rest I just waste..

Offline fin_s_guy

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 10:13:57 AM »
Generaly I'll save the bucktailing until mid July through the end. I haven't had good luck with them earlier. Big baits dragged nice and slow have worked for me in the past early in the season. No "facts" to it, just my opinion.

t^
Cell # 908-451-3041

I do what the voices in my head tell me....and they say GO FISHING!!!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-