Author Topic: Bottom Painting  (Read 8973 times)

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Re: Bottom Painting
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2009, 09:17:49 PM »
I would not use anything but bottom paint.

Also if scraping the bottom. The fine dust can get into the corners of your eyes and irritate them. This cant be good for you. Last spring I removed all the old paint and had the marina apply 3 barrier coats and 2 coats of Interlux bottom paint.  About a month later I hit a submerged log and had to pull the boat to repair a chip in the hull. After the repair I sprayed the small area with blue engine paint. Then when I pulled the boat a month later, Barnacles were attached to the area where I sprayed the engine paint. So I sanded the spot and applied bottom paint which worked out fine. t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Maritime Matt

• Sponsor
  • Maritime Skiff 20' Pioneer Pilothouse USCG Lic
    • TASKMARINE.COM
Re: Bottom Painting
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2009, 08:17:05 AM »
Easiest way is bring it to a do-it yourself marina and let them lift and block. Powerwash the heck out of it if its chalky and roll away. I use Interlux Act with Ingerol, Ablative paint on just about all my customer's boats.

WWW.TASKMARINE.COM     Marine SERVICE, Parts & More

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-