Author Topic: Saltwater Recreational Fishermen Are a Boon for the Economy  (Read 1751 times)

Offline The Broken One

• Super Hero Member
Saltwater Recreational Fishermen Are a Boon for the Economy
« on: February 11, 2009, 03:18:41 PM »
Recreational saltwater anglers pumped more than $31 billion into the U.S. economy in

2006, with Florida, Texas, California, Louisiana and North Carolina receiving the largest share according to a new study issued by NOAA Fisheries Service. At the national level, saltwater anglers are estimated to have spent $5.8 billion on trip-based expenses, such as ice, bait, and fuel, and another $25.6 billion on fishing equipment and durable goods like fishing rods, fishing tackle, and boats. The top five coastal recreational fishing states are: Florida ($16.7 billion), Texas ($3.2 billion), California ($3.0 billion), Louisiana ($2.9 billion), and North Carolina ($2.0 billion).

In addition to quantifying angler expenditures, this study examines how these expenditures circulated through each state's economy and the national economy using a regional assessment. The $31.4 billion in total U.S. expenditures in 2006 contributed $82.3 billion in total sales, $39.1 billion to gross national product, $24 billion in personal income, and supported nearly 534,000 jobs.

The Economic Contribution of Marine Angler Expenditures in the United States 2006 is available online. A hardcopy of this report may be obtained by contacting scott.steinback@noaa.gov .

http://www.st.nmfs.noaa.gov/st5/publication/marine_angler.html
"When the game is over, the kings and the pawns go back in the same box"

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Saltwater Recreational Fishermen Are a Boon for the Economy
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 03:38:08 PM »
And the government wants to take even more money out of our pocket with licenses and more taxes.

Perhaps they should look at their own studies and pay attention to them.  :P
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 07:39:05 PM »
And those figures only include what was actually claimed, not the cash money that some retailers put directly into their pockets to protect themselves from Uncle Sam--. WQe actually spend more! <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 09:39:35 PM »
I for one can't wait to do my part in the stimulation of our economy...  TT^

come on spring..

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-