Author Topic: Saltwater Fishing Expo: March 20-22, 2009  (Read 18420 times)

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
Re: Saltwater Fishing Expo: March 20-22, 2009
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2009, 06:44:20 PM »
You gonna be there Friday Bob? If so, we will see you there. Probably get there around 1230 or so.

Yes Friday (tomorrow).  It was the only day I could get off this weekend.  Give me a call when you get there.  Who are you riding with?

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2009, 08:04:23 PM »
Will have the Bob boys with me. Bob Cole and Bob Gulden. I will out numbered, Bob.  ;D
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2009, 08:14:09 PM »
Will have the Bob boys with me. Bob Cole and Bob Gulden. I will out numbered, Bob.  ;D

;D  t^

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2009, 10:16:57 AM »
heading over this afternoon with fishing buddy John,was going to go Saturday but will be working on boat,son helping me swap out batteries with new. slt     Kez
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline Great American Fisherman

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2009, 03:03:59 PM »
just returned from the Saltwater Show.  It was ok.  Very crowded.  I parket at the Doubletree.  I was lucky.  A lot of folks had to park far away.  Went to the www.ssfff.net booth.  Did not know the folks there but had a nice conversation with Greg Hueth.  Went to the Gambler booth but Bobby Bogan was not there at that point and time.  Had a great chat with one of the Captains of the Viking Fleet.  Signed up for yet another magazine.  Did not make any purchases. 

These shows are ok.  I was a trade show and event manager for years before the AT&T layoffs and I know a little about how to do events and booths.  But, these folks aren't trade show managers.  One guy at a booth was talking to me for a sec and then he put a lip lock on a ham sandwich.  A big no no. 

But I go anyway.  I think I like the January show better.  It was good to go though.  Did not see any folks from the site.  But, I hardly know anyone so that could be why.

Be good!

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2009, 03:25:29 PM »
Great American Fisherman,just returned myself,met up with Bucktail and Irish ayes to say hello.you should have dropped a message here and we could have hooked up just to meet,you can't really walk around as a group,every one has there own likes to what they're looking for.it was nice to get out and walk around and talk fishing,did make a few purchases.I live in Manville,so it's only a ten minute drive from my house. slt    Kez
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2009, 04:20:22 PM »
Just got in from the show. It was a good one.

Saw a few guys from the site. Kez, Bucktail, Deisel, Christian By The Beach, NoWorries and Pat "T-Man", who was manning his booth. Only purchase I made today was from T-Man. Can't wait to get out and try the tube Pat.

Stopped by the SSFFF and gave a donation. Was asked if I was buying a shirt with the money I gave them. Nope, just put the $$$ in the pot. They gave me two decals for my car and boat. t^
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 07:58:16 PM by IrishAyes »
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2009, 04:28:38 PM »
Just got back from the show myself...

Good show all in all. It felt great to get out and talk fishing and get some new goddies for the tackle box. I could see the first signs that winter is finally loosing it's grip on all the people there and everyone is ready to get the season under way.

Stopped over at the SSFFF booth, got chatty with Greg Hueth and dropped some $$$ in the jar, got a new ssfff sticker for the pickup (old one was getting a little faded) Greg did mention that the Mohawk will resume black fishing tomorrow, 3/21 should anybody have the itch.

As I mentioned, I tried to do a little economic stimulus by buying some stuff for the upcoming season...and man that 23' Parker looked good...real good.... but the beating I would get from the wife made me think otherwise... 
maybe next year....rofla

I'm sure I walked by some members from the site but wouldn't know having not met anyone officially yet.
That will change on April 18th.

If your not doing anything this weekend I would recommend the show. It's the next best thing to fishing............

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2009, 04:30:31 PM »
Yea, www.ssfff.net gave me  sticker.  I put it on my cooler.  The rod deals were not that great.  I'm sure Sunday you will be able to name your price.  

I did like those fish replica's.  The one of a big sea bass was terrific.  But it was 66 bucks.  Worth it I'm sure. but did not want to spend the money.  The trout they had were really great looking.

I got there around 1pm or just before.  I was out the door by 2pm.  

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2009, 04:35:31 PM »
Captain Chris of the Big Mohawk emailed me and said he is starting on Saturday, March 21 then the schedule will be Saturday's, Sunday's, Monday's, Wednesday's and Friday's for now and of course weather permitting.

I may try for next Friday if the weather is ok.  Never fished on the Mohawk before and would like to try them out.

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2009, 06:47:04 PM »
Nice to meet you Joe, Bob and Pat. Looking forward to meeting everyone at the party.

Joe, Like I told Pat, I didn't fish them long last year, but will spend some time with them this year.
I didn't put the bait on them at all. Want to try them with the Gulp, like Pat said.
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2009, 07:10:08 PM »
It was nice seeing Joe, Bob G, Kezsr, John (No Worries) and Chris (Christian by the Beach).  Great to finally meet Diesel HP and Pat (T-Man)!

Also got to catch up with a couple of other folks I've not seen in a while.

I also sat in on a tuna seminar for a bit with Joe and Bob G. before ducking out and catching the first hour and a half of a talk being given by "Crazy" Albert Knie.  That was really a great seminar.  Unfortunately, I had to leave before he started the casting demonstration.

Other than that, I got to flex a few new rods and turned a couple reel handles.  All in all it was a pretty decent show. t^ 

Offline Noworries2009

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2009, 08:01:25 PM »
Hi guys, just got back from the show. Didn't know I was going till Chris called this morning. We booked a codfish trip in Mass. and got some info on a couple of other possible trips. sat in on a couple of seminars and learned a few things that I can't wait to put into action. Nice  grtn seeing you Irish Eyes and Bucktail. The mens are ready to go you could feel it. Lots of peeps around today  ;D

Offline gottog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2009, 02:08:22 PM »
I went there on Saturday with Theresa.  Had a few people come up to me and ask "Are you gottog?"  t^

Got to speak with Crazy Alberto for awhile and was good to see Kadir from AquaSkinz.  T joshed him about not being in this year's catalog.  hhppy

Was a good crowd of people overall.  Didn't personally find any great deals except one pack of pre-snelled flounder hooks for $0.50. TT^

Got two free Lamiglass hats too.  I see they will be offering some factory wrapped spiral-wrapped rods soon and waggled the TEX7020 which seemed like a real nice factory rod that would cover alot of our inshore fishing.

Asides from that pack of flounder hooks I also picked up some other ones, a few squid teasers for fluke, fish-finder slides for braid, and a couple sabiki rigs.  Then went to Home Depot and spent 10xs as much money on stuff for the house thud

XL Rods addict
Fishing hack

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2009, 09:12:34 PM »
I went on Sunday with Mass Basster and Cashin. I checked out a few St.Croix rods. The boats on Display were nice too. Went to the Jim Hutchinson Seminar and the T-Man seminar. I bought a T-Man popper plug, an ARC dehooker from Jim Hutchinson and a bunch of other stuff. I also  chatted with Capt.Rich Tenreiro from Northeast angling about the black drum bight in Cape May. We had a nice time, I liked the show this year. chrz
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-