Author Topic: Hudson County Stripers  (Read 2964 times)

Offline Drew806

Hudson County Stripers
« on: April 27, 2009, 12:41:10 AM »
I'm looking to go for some stripers after work during the week in Hudson County,NJ which will be a first for me. I'm unfamiliar to the area and would like some info on areas to fish from land/piers. Preferably in Jersey City, Bayonne, and Hoboken. Any info would be appreciated.

Offline Skolmann

• Super Hero Member
Re: Hudson County Stripers
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 11:26:06 AM »
Jersey City--Liberty State Park walkway

Bayonne-Behind Stop-N-Shop or Bayonne Park

Hoboken-Frank Sinatra Park

Chart House in Weehawkin also good.

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 09:56:21 PM »
Jersey City - Exchange Place should be added to the list.  <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline bayonne

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 10:35:53 PM »
global in jersey city also but it gets crowded and at night the rats are real bad and not in hudson county but close the crab house espeacily in the fall and fish with worms or bunker chunks
in the fall buck tailing is good i find white being the best coulor tiped with a rubber worm or pork rind

Offline Drew806

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 11:25:31 PM »
Thanks for the input guys. Its getting expensive going down to Point Pleasant every weekend and Jersey City is about 15min from me. I used to work on Kennedy Blvd in the heights... What bait shops do you recommend that has fresh clams and bunker assuming that would be the best bait?

Offline Skolmann

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 10:17:24 AM »
Jersey City....Har-Lee Rod in the Heights on the Blvd.

Bayonne....True World Marine on Broadway (I think between 35th & 34th Sts). Was in there today and they are getting alot of short bass behind Stop-N-Shop on worms. Same for Bayonne Park but they said there are are few more keepers here (although I wouldn't eat anything from there).

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 12:14:36 AM »
I've got some good/GREAT deals from Har-Lee Rod on E-Bay. Never been there in person.  Here is a link to  a few more places in the area to fish the Hudson River. http://users.nac.net/chasstamm/hrfanjorg/access1.htm Good Luck & WE LOVE PIX of FISH!!! TT^  <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline Skolmann

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 10:05:32 AM »
Correction...True World Marine is located between 37th & 36th Streets on south bound side of Broadway in Bayonne.

Offline Stray Cat

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 08:11:13 PM »
Thanks for the input guys. Its getting expensive going down to Point Pleasant every weekend and Jersey City is about 15min from me. I used to work on Kennedy Blvd in the heights... What bait shops do you recommend that has fresh clams and bunker assuming that would be the best bait?

We use to go and get our bait at Moe's bait & tackle in JC. I'm not even sure if he's still there.
Mark

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-