Author Topic: Sea Hawk bass 05/06 remote report  (Read 3024 times)

Offline gottog

• Super Hero Member
Sea Hawk bass 05/06 remote report
« on: May 06, 2009, 11:19:51 AM »
Heard from Capt Mike of the Sea Hawk that they are still out fishing but already had a good day of catching bass.  Limits onboard. Good action early on and then slowed up around 10:30am.  Headed to the back and picked away at more shorts, some keepers and of course some bluefish. slt
XL Rods addict
Fishing hack

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Sea Hawk bass 05/06 remote report
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 11:39:04 AM »
And it has only just begun.  TT^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Uncle Luna

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 11:53:15 AM »
The fun has begun  rofla
Member Team Luna Sea 4

Offline gottog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 12:34:41 PM »
Just heard they're doing the C&R thing now.  Biggest bass so far today was 18lbs. TT^

XL Rods addict
Fishing hack

Offline mgm

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 04:00:36 PM »
I made the trip this morning with a total of 8 anglers....Capt. Mike made a bee line to the Romer bar, where we set up near the Fisherman and  another non sponsor PB.

Had the outgoing bite for a good couple of hours and moved to the back bay when that died.

Overall great day.....my fishing buddy Duke, had the pool with a nice fish (never heard anyone say they had a "bad fish" when it was a striper ;D).....I had 3 keepers with a runner up for the pool...lost another nice one at the boat side, plus a few shorts....all total,11 keepers for the boat,....nice day on the Seahawk clamming for the linesiders.....only 2 blues the entire day for the boat, both bite offs near the boat.

Capt Mike worked hard to keep us on the fish today....good group on board today.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 04:09:49 PM by mgm »
" The press should be not only a collective propagandist and a collective agitator, but also a collective organizer of the masses. "

Offline njdevil

• Skip work and fish.
  • Boat Name NJDEVIL
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 04:05:58 PM »
I hope the bite holds up my father is going out on the Sea Hawk tomorrow. He is now 82 and still loves to fish I hope he has a great day. I wish I could go but work is busy right now and I just got back for vacation. Good luck to all.

NJDEVIL  >:D
A good friend will bail you out of jail, a true friend will be sitting along side of you and say " Man that was fun"

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 04:43:44 PM »
 t^

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 08:19:27 PM »
 TT^ TT^

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 08:55:50 PM »
 TT^   chrz

Offline njdevil

• Skip work and fish.
  • Boat Name NJDEVIL
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 06:59:44 AM »
Just got a call from dad he is on the Sea Hawk and he is ready to go. I hope he has a great day and catches some fish for some cajan striper burgers. If the weather is good next week and work is not so busy I might need to take a sick day and go with him.

NJDEVIL >:D
A good friend will bail you out of jail, a true friend will be sitting along side of you and say " Man that was fun"

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 07:16:09 AM »
Just got a call from dad he is on the Sea Hawk and he is ready to go. I hope he has a great day and catches some fish for some cajan striper burgers. If the weather is good next week and work is not so busy I might need to take a sick day and go with him.

Sounds good!   Cajun Striper burgers??  When are you going to post that recipe?? t^ t^

Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline njdevil

• Skip work and fish.
  • Boat Name NJDEVIL
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 07:22:21 AM »
I have not heard from Capt Joe G yet as soon as I do with his permission I will post the recipe. Hope I hear from him soon.

Offline gottog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 10:54:24 AM »
They did pretty good last night as well. Started out slow but got a good bite towards the end of the trip.  Believe 10 keeper bass for 8 guys as well as 15 bluefish and atleast 30 short bass returned.

If you're looking to head out in the afternoon, worth a stop as they are usually sailing with a very light crowd and catching! chrz

XL Rods addict
Fishing hack

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-