Author Topic: New to Keyport  (Read 1513 times)

Offline Big_Ron

New to Keyport
« on: May 13, 2009, 01:09:58 PM »
Hey guys, i'm new to Keyport and haven't fished the jersey shore in awhile...  spend summers fishin in the Carolinas but work has me stationed in Jersey.  I have spent the past 3 nights chasin the tide, 2 nights at high tide in Keyport and one high tide last night at the Manasquan inlet.  Nothin but skate and starfish...lol  I'm going back out tonight around 8 or 9.  Where would you send me for a better shot at a decent bluefish run?  I've been droppin 2 lines, one with fresh clam, and the other with bunker chunk.  Also was chasin some schools late last night with metal to no avail.  Any suggestions?  I'm not used to NOT catching.   rgmn   lol

Offline Uncle Luna

• Super Hero Member
New to Keyport
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 01:25:18 PM »
Hey guys, i'm new to Keyport and haven't fished the jersey shore in awhile...  spend summers fishin in the Carolinas but work has me stationed in Jersey.  I have spent the past 3 nights chasin the tide, 2 nights at high tide in Keyport and one high tide last night at the Manasquan inlet.  Nothin but skate and starfish...lol  I'm going back out tonight around 8 or 9.  Where would you send me for a better shot at a decent bluefish run?  I've been droppin 2 lines, one with fresh clam, and the other with bunker chunk.  Also was chasin some schools late last night with metal to no avail.  Any suggestions?  I'm not used to NOT catching.   rgmn   lol

Try Sandy Hook Beach guy I work with told me he was getting them there, Good Luck
Member Team Luna Sea 4

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
New to Keyport
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 03:43:02 PM »
The other night a good reliable source said he was catching all the blues you wanted up by Leonardo.  Bass could be anywhere but like Uncle Luna mentioned Sandy Hook would be a good place to try for them.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
Re: New to Keyport
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 12:35:52 PM »
working east on the jersey side from the back bay, try the cheesquake creek inlet near morgan, cliffwood sedges, western Keyport area near union beach, union beach proper (good spots west and east side,) keansburg, spy house area, and of course Sandy Hook all produce on occasion- lots of good spots nearby to try.

if you have a boat forget it- it's dead, no fish there  rofla

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-