Author Topic: Sun June 14th Merrill Creek report !  (Read 2058 times)

Offline Art Berkman

• Super Hero Member
Sun June 14th Merrill Creek report !
« on: June 15, 2009, 08:54:49 AM »
I woke up at 3:30 am Sun morning.

Washed up & got dressed.

I stepped outside and it was pouring  nosmly

I got 2 blocks from my house and started talking to myself  nts

I said Art yes or no  ;)

I turned around and went back home.

I called Steve at 4:05 am and said Steve it's pouring.Steve said so what.I said ok let me stop at Dunkin Donuts and pick up coffee for us and I will be right over.

I arrived at Steve's house in Riverdale at 4:20 am and Steve headed towards route 80 west and the 1st stop was Boat & Bait in Stanhope.

Purchased 5 Doz 3" Herring and off we went.

We arrived at Merrill Creek and waited for 3 Bass boats to launch.

At 5:45 am we were on our way to the 1st spot.

The rain stopped but it was cool & damp.

Steve took us across the Reservoir and things were slow at first.A few stockies were boated.

I look to the north & now the fog is getting thick.

Steve took us abit north and we put out 6 lines.2 slip bobbers and 4 lines in different depths.

I look at 1 of my rods and the rod was dancing.All of a sudden my line peels out of the strike guard and I reel in the slack & set the hook.I knew once the hook was set I had a big fish on.The drag was peeling on my ultra light set up and the battle began.Steve knew I had a beauty on.Steve got the net ready and I landed the 1st Laker.The Laker was 25" 5 3/4 lbs.Man was I glowing.Steve took us on another drift again and I hooked up with another peeler.This Laker measured 24 " & it was 4 7/8 lb.After this fish was boated we both caught some stockie Browns.Steve set up on another drift and I was hooked up with another laker that measured 22" and it was 3 3/4 lbs.I turned to Steve and said it's time for a Beer  ;D I said Steve it's your turn now.I said Steve 15 pulls out and you will hook up.Steve listened to me & he finally had his 1st Laker hooked.Steve faught the fish and I was ready with the net.Steve's laker measured 24" and it was 5 lbs.

At 1:30 pm we called it a day because we only had 3 herring left  TT^

A great Sunday it was on Merrill Creek.

Pics to follow.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 08:58:22 AM by Art Berkman »

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Sun June 14th Merrill Creek report !
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 05:20:00 PM »
Great report and great catches!

TT^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-