Author Topic: Guided Beach Shark Trips  (Read 6290 times)

Offline surfrocket

Guided Beach Shark Trips
« on: July 14, 2009, 10:13:19 PM »
I have received a lot of emails from people asking to pay me to take them sharking on the beach.  In discussion this week with a great friend and contact at the fisherman magazine, and some other great friends I made the decision to do these trips. I have 6 trips booked already and they are going fast, so here are the details. They will also be posted in the fisherman magazine I think next week in the beach fishing report section.

I will be taking groups of 2 anglers. If there is a party of 4 i may be able to make acceptions.

I will supply all tackle,including rods, bait and chum. I will provide chairs lights etc..

There is a close window of prime time sharking with the surf rocket starting around the 2nd week in august until the 2nd week in sept, depending on water temps. The sharks range from around 25lbs to 150lbs, and the fights have lasted from a half hour to three hours.

The fee for these services will be $250 per trip for up to two anglers. That includes everything even the ride on the beach. I will also provide a grill and charcoal. You have to bring your food and drinks. This is a catch and release program,due to a lot of the sharks we catch are not aloud to be kept. I will provide a camera for pictures of you with your catch,and can mail or email you the photos. Anyone interested may email me or call me @ 732-406-6879

*There is a deposit of $125.00 on all trips. Nonrefundable due to making the rigs and having the freshest baits and chum.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Guided Beach Shark Trips
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 10:29:39 PM »
Good luck on your new venture. Sounds like a winner.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 11:20:00 PM »
Guided shark trips from the beach?  A truly unique idea for these parts.  Sounds like a winner to me as well! t^

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 06:46:15 AM »
good luck.. I will wait for a friend trip..  ;D
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 07:01:17 AM »
Good Luck. slt

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 01:48:32 PM »
This is a great idea!  A unique way to go shark fishing and experience the Surf Rocket.  Good luck.  I am sure you will be able to fill all of your trips and then some.

TT^

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 12:02:20 AM »
i stoped in and saw capt rich at -------- this week,what a great store. i picked up 2 sweet rod and reel setups and all the gear i needed for our up comming events. the service at that shop is great. thanks cappy!!! i have now 8 trips booked. i have had a few people that still need to confirm trips,this is working out swell. there is still open spots so hit me up.

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 05:59:52 AM »
 t^ Good luck, it sounds like a winner.
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 08:44:56 PM »
I still have open spots and am catching decent press in magazines and local papers,thanks for helping spread the word.

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 01:38:24 AM »
Took my first trip out tonight. Brian had a blast with the fish we were on. He got run off a few times but quickly got the hang of it. Big props to my girl for gettin it done tonight as well,I really thought it was gonna get the best of her,but she faught it out. In all everyone had 3 fish ranging to about 90lbs. Game on sharks are in.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 08:56:57 AM »

Very Cool Kennt.   t^  See yu Friday t^

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 09:51:15 AM »
Great job Ken!  That's a great night with 3 fish each...

What are the predominant species you are getting in the surf?

TT^
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 09:52:46 AM by Pfishingruven »

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 11:03:58 AM »
It was mostly dusky sharks but the browns were in the mix. Best action from the beach with out a doubt. Monster fights

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2009, 11:22:16 AM »
It was mostly dusky sharks but the browns were in the mix. Best action from the beach with out a doubt. Monster fights

Cool!

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2009, 03:31:34 PM »
Gruve u makin it this year

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2009, 03:45:11 PM »
I am planning on it!  I have to see this first hand.  Hope to be able to bring the family too.  As long as the weather holds out my boys will be there too.  They are so excited already.  They love SHARKS so...

TT^

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 02:29:29 AM »
Another banner night with the brown sharks. Nick holding it down tonight with a brownie over 115lbs. His biggest fish from the beach ever. Every one had atleast one good sized shark tonight. We even had a first time fisherman with us tonight, sorry I can't remember his name but he hooked into a 60lb brownie. Now he is hooked. That's two people in two days that never salt water fished before that caught monster fish for the first time. There lives are changed forever. I got a call from brian today who I took out yesterday thanking me again for the great night. He is selling his 22 inch rims to buy a surf rod,surf rocket and a beach buggy pass. You gotta love it. In the mix tonight again I have to give big props to my girl,who caught the first shark of the night a 65 pound rocket brownie. She always gets the reel screamers. I love it. She also caught a cow nosed ray tonight that was almost 3 feet across. Now if she could bait her own hook and cast it out I could get more time in. In all I think our group had 15 sharks on the beach tonight. Mickey had one break off in the breakers, and I had one break my heavy braid I think with a tail slap. You just have to love this late summer action. Wooo hooo

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2009, 08:59:27 AM »
Cool Ken t^

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 01:37:04 PM »
Great catching!  Gotta love the sharks for August Surf Action.  It's just awesome.  You are making the local B&T Reports too.

Any pics?

TT^

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2009, 02:36:34 PM »
Yeah this weeks papers and fisherman should say something,I am waiting to get the chance to upload the pics just haven't had the time. Waiting for my buddy to email them.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-