Author Topic: Great Week (video)  (Read 1903 times)

Offline T-Man

• Sponsor
Great Week (video)
« on: July 24, 2009, 08:49:10 AM »
Man I had a blast fishing this week. I was on the water Mon,Wed,Thu with awesome weather and seas to play around in.

Started with a nice family charter on Monday with some nice small keeper stripers being trolled up the T&W. The kids had lots of fun and Dad had a good time getting needled by his sons about dropping the big fish of the day.

Wednesday was a hoot with a crew only a mother (& T-Man) could love. The northeast reps for Daiwa Eric & John jumped on board to harass the bass and the captain... too many laughs to count. We found small keeper bass a plenty banging baits on the surface at a couple of the local rips. The T-Man sinking swimmers did a good job of keeping everyone hooked up. But the story of the day was the  big bass we nailed on a short Bubblegum Tube.

Recently I have dropped several big fish due to broken leader, lobster pot, bad luck... you name it. But when the rod went off Wednesday Eric quickly straight armed John to the deck and grabbed the rod with the drag screaming. Eric whooped the big fish on light tackle like the pro he is and after a hysterical net moment (see video) we put the 47" 35lb fish in the boat. You'll notice the video is music only.... I had no choice cause the comentary during the fight was bluer than the ocean!

Thursday was a day off for my son Pat and we teamed up for a morning of topwater action like I haven't seen in years. Everywhere we went we found pods of medium stripers with a few thunker bluedogs mixed in. All we threw were the T-Man 5" Swimmers in the sinking version. All you had to do was count it down about 10 secounds then twitch pause and the stripers would blast them on the pause. We knew it was gonna be a good day when we found the first pile of fish and on our first casts we doubled up on twin 35" linesiders... we were done by 11am with tired arms big smiles.

Here's some vids & pics...

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Re: Great Week (video)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 09:45:57 AM »
 t^ grtn
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 11:38:10 AM »
awesome pics and videos,great morning of fishing t^
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline gymrat987654321

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 12:45:15 PM »
Nice videos t^

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 06:58:41 PM »
Great report, nice catch, nice pics and video!  All nice fish.  Is this the 1st time this season that the bass fishing has been this good?

TT^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-