Author Topic: NJSWF Sea Hawk Tog 11/22  (Read 69591 times)

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
Re: NJSWF Sea Hawk Tog 11/22
« Reply #240 on: November 22, 2009, 11:18:01 AM »
Good to see this trip FINALLY get a go  t^ Now everyone has to put keepers in the box  ;D
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #241 on: November 22, 2009, 06:35:42 PM »
Not Much to Report.  The bite just wasn't there.  may have put 12 tog in the boat.. with 8 keepers.   5hrug  That's why they call it fishing. t^

But it was still a great time.. good people and tons of fun.   clp

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #242 on: November 22, 2009, 07:00:29 PM »
Report>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Rod said that I had to post report of the trip as part of winning the pool.
First I need to say it was an awful lot of fun to fish with a great bunch of guys and "characters" that share the same passion for fishing. I am a fairly new member and rarely have much information to contribute as I don't get out very often to fish but I enjoy keeping my finger on the pulse by the information posted by you guys as well as the fun, banter, and jokes.
So first I like to thank Gottog for puttting the trip together, Joe for the sinkers,and whoever brought the donuts...ummmmmmmmmm...donuts..
Weather could have not been much nicer for a late Nov. day.
To say the Tog were not chewing today would be an understatement without using the S word.
I think high hook was Mike GT with three and down from there and only counted about 10 keepers for the day. Thats togging and there was some speculation that even the Tog are gorging themeselves with the sand-els right now.
I have never won a pool before and I guess I may owe to my great hat from Rod, and the sinkers that Joe made.
Thanks Guys. Get em next time and sail safe chrz

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #243 on: November 22, 2009, 07:26:12 PM »
Oh yeah. One last thing.. were these guys on board today or was I looking in the mirror with one of you guys.  rofla
Funny movie............
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 07:41:52 PM by Hotrod »
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #244 on: November 22, 2009, 07:45:00 PM »
Yes is was great to see the guys I have not seen in a while, and to also meet some new & interesting members. Yes, we all wish the bite would have been better, the ride shorter,but in all, the weather was good, company great, and despite the lockjaw tog, I did see everyone laughing and smiling throughout the day. Thanks to all who made this happen & I hope to fish with everyone again. And Hey, if you did not make it out with us this time, maybe we will fish together sometime in the future.  TT^  chrz  <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #245 on: November 22, 2009, 08:09:12 PM »
Well, where do I start? Yes, weather wise it was a nice day to be on the water. Catching wise, not so good. But that's fishing.

Oh the ball busting on the back of the boat, relentless. And yes, I am in need of a good therapist as Rod caught a tog and I did not. I hope I can survive the shame.  ;D

All in all...a fun day with great people. Was nice to see some old faces again and a lot of new ones. The donuts were great, yeah, I had one.  TT^

Next Saturday for the next NJSWF trip. This time out of Barnegat Light on the Islander with Captain Mike and crew. There are spots left so if you want to come out and have a good time with a bunch of good people, sign up for the trip.  t^

Thanks GotTog Mike for setting this up.  chrz
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #246 on: November 22, 2009, 08:15:13 PM »
Tough day of fishing, but it was nice to see some familiar faces and meet some new people.  
I was hoping for some better catching, but we'll get em next time.  Congrats to Paul-e and Treebeard on the pool.  And thanks to Gottog and Hotrod for the effort to make the trip happen. And thanks to Joe for the lead.

Just one donut Joe?   nts   

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #247 on: November 23, 2009, 08:46:59 AM »
A truly fine day  despite the slow catching.. You'd be hard pressed to find  better company to fish with. It was great to catch up with Kez and the guys, and finally meet Ped and some the others that I've been chatting with for so long.. TT^  Thanks  Mike & Rod for putting it together.  clp  and also thanks to Joe for his effort and generousity providing all the lead, and to Capt. Bob for donating a trip for the pool.. I am really excited to have won it, and I'll be looking forward to getting out there with you TT^  Congrats go to Paul-e on the top fish  TT^ and also to Rod on his startling upset!! It was nice of Joe to clip the points off his hooks, so Rod could have his moment in the sun  hhppy  But seriously.. the past 2 weeks had been about the worst of my life, and spending the day with this great bunch was just what the doctor. ordered.. so thanks again  guys!  chrz

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #248 on: November 23, 2009, 08:53:36 AM »
Nice.  t^

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #249 on: November 23, 2009, 09:02:11 AM »
Despite the fact that the Tog seemed to have lock jaw, it was a nice day to be on the water as others have mentioned.

Had too many laughs to count especially after Rod caught his tog and was a constant reminder to Joe that he had keeper in the box, and Joe had none...then Joe snagged the smallest bergal I have ever see and tried to make the catch even at one... too funny... rofla

Thanks to you Mike for setting this trip up, I had a blast.  TT^

Congrats Paule and Treebeard on the pool  t^

Thanks again Joe for the lead  t^

Offline L.T.

• AKA Laker Taker
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #250 on: November 23, 2009, 09:36:19 AM »
The bite was off but, enjoyed meeting you guys and the boat ride. Helluva day at sea.  Thanks for the lead, Joe
Forgive your enemy but, remember the bastard's name.

Offline Jeffish

« Reply #251 on: November 23, 2009, 09:49:03 AM »
Well, where do I start? Yes, weather wise it was a nice day to be on the water. Catching wise, not so good. But that's fishing.

Oh the ball busting on the back of the boat, relentless. And yes, I am in need of a good therapist as Rod caught a tog and I did not. I hope I can survive the shame.  ;D

All in all...a fun day with great people. Was nice to see some old faces again and a lot of new ones. The donuts were great, yeah, I had one.  TT^

Next Saturday for the next NJSWF trip. This time out of Barnegat Light on the Islander with Captain Mike and crew. There are spots left so if you want to come out and have a good time with a bunch of good people, sign up for the trip.  t^

Thanks GotTog Mike for setting this up.  chrz

Just got off the phone with Hotrod. He told me he hooked a 100$ bill on the end of his line. If I were a fish, and had to choose between a 1/2 crab with no legs and a 1/2 shell vs a 100$ bill, what would you take? rofl

Sorry the fishing couldn't be better.  :'(

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #252 on: November 23, 2009, 10:00:49 AM »
It was a great time with everybody, nice to put a face with the screen name. ;D clp

Darren great fishing with you again

Thanks Mike for putting it together did a great job TT^...Capt Joe thank you very much for the Lead, also on a personal note Joe gave me a Terocotta NJSWF Hat out of his personal stock. Lost mine last year, loved that hat... slt

Can't wait for the next get together t^

Great of everybody to chip in for the RFA, we have to support those that are fighting for us, it is an uphill battle.

Rod, always a pleasure sharing water with you, to bad Pop didn't make it

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #253 on: November 23, 2009, 10:13:40 AM »
Wow, what a trip...Lots of laughs, tons of poking fun, meeting old friends and making acquaintances with new ones.  Being able to put faces to screen names is a lot better than guessing.

Thanks Mile for putting this trip together and to Rod for making sure everything was being followed through.

Joe what can I say, you kept the urge at bay with the donuts although I did see your hands shaking a bet as you walked passed them all day.  Thank you for the sinkers now all I have to do is think of how to use them off the surf, hahaha.  I have to say you took it pretty good letting Rod out fish you that day.  I think you were the only one that caught something other than tog that small.  I am sure you will get your revenge.

Congrats to Paul-e and Treebeard for winning the pools 1st and 2nd place it was great talking to you guys.

Well on my behalf I guess someone had to pay homage to the rail god that day and I drew the short straw but not before I caught my tog though (Joe).  All is good and I guess that is one reason I prefer the sand to the boat.  

All is good and again thanks to all that made the trip great, Mile, Rod, Joe, Chris (donuts), and all the rest for some great conversation.  I think our site is the greatest out there bar none because of the great people that make things like this happen.

Thanks Everyone.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #254 on: November 23, 2009, 10:15:00 AM »
the fish didn't cooperate today but still a great day with a great bunch of guys  t^ some familar faces and some new ones for me,enjoyed talking to all,lots of stories, smiles and laughs.Paule and Treebeard congrats on the nice fish to take the pool  t^  congrats to Rod with his long time obsession to outfish Joe to finally come out on top.  clp  Joe thanks for the weights,I sure needed them,I believe I was top gun for the day losing rigs  nosmly last but not least thanks to Mike and Rod for putting this trip together t^     Kez
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 10:16:50 AM by kezsr »
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #255 on: November 23, 2009, 10:53:41 AM »
Nice day to be out. We'll get 'em next time!

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #256 on: November 23, 2009, 12:41:32 PM »
I forgot to congrat the pool winners for their fine catch. Paulie and Mark. chrz

To CaptBob for his generous donation of an open boat spot for the first and second place winners.  slt

Paul, you were a trooper after your date with the rail hanger god. You did hang in there. :-X

Next trip is Saturday. If you are not signed up yet, make it a must do. Always a fun day.

Gotta go now, can't be late for my first appoinment with a therapist.  thud

Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #257 on: November 23, 2009, 02:31:26 PM »
Wow, what a trip...Lots of laughs, tons of poking fun, meeting old friends and making acquaintances with new ones.  Being able to put faces to screen names is a lot better than guessing.

Thanks Mile for putting this trip together and to Rod for making sure everything was being followed through.

Joe what can I say, you kept the urge at bay with the donuts although I did see your hands shaking a bet as you walked passed them all day.  Thank you for the sinkers now all I have to do is think of how to use them off the surf, hahaha.  I have to say you took it pretty good letting Rod out fish you that day.  I think you were the only one that caught something other than tog that small.  I am sure you will get your revenge.

Congrats to Paul-e and Treebeard for winning the pools 1st and 2nd place it was great talking to you guys.

Well on my behalf I guess someone had to pay homage to the rail god that day and I drew the short straw but not before I caught my tog though (Joe).  All is good and I guess that is one reason I prefer the sand to the boat.  

All is good and again thanks to all that made the trip great, Mile, Rod, Joe, Chris (donuts), and all the rest for some great conversation.  I think our site is the greatest out there bar none because of the great people that make things like this happen.

Thanks Everyone.

Happy Catching

Paul
t^

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #258 on: November 23, 2009, 10:07:28 PM »
Hey guys, Cashin and I had a nice time. we each caught a keeper and some shorts too. Thanks for the fun, Thanks Joe for the rig tying lessons. I just panfried the tog and it was awesome! TILL NEXT TIME... chrz chrz chrz chrz chrz chrz chrz chrz   Eddie, -
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-